What's new

BB pistol recomendations

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well, then.

Use the Red Ryder, wait for a parting shot and aim for the round white thing right under the tail ... :2guns::a16:

AA :a14:

Agree, one very sharp looking 'possum, fine grooming! The ones around here are the mangiest looking beasts going.

dave

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
If I'm going to permanently dispatch something I'm not going to mess around with an air gun. The last skunk I got rid of I used my Colt New Frontier .22. Worked great.

Well Mike, since Skunks are not daytime critters and I have neighbors who frown on hearing gunshots at 2 am when it's within close proximity of their house, I'll just stick to the airgun... :)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Well Mike, since Skunks are not daytime critters and I have neighbors who frown on hearing gunshots at 2 am when it's within close proximity of their house, I'll just stick to the airgun... :)

Sounds like a good plan in your location, Rob. Around here an '06 going off doesn't raise any concern...hear gunshots all the time. If you hear gunshots while on patrol in the projects in town though....

Yeah, skunks are usually nocturnal, but I have seen them come up in the afternoon while sitting on the back porch. Had some under the house, that my big black mouth curs I used to have got after (I don't have a clue how those big dogs were able to get under there, but the spray was ugly for awhile). The last skunk I "permanently removed" with the old Colt was out in the front yard in the middle of the day. I'll kill a skunk in a New York reload since I caught some killing baby kittens.

I think I'm gonna pick up the daisy 340 since it's the only springer I can find now. That should be good to accompany Ralphie's favorite Red Ryder.

Springer BB guns are kinda like a Glock...they always work.

But so does a revolver.

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Sorry Dad... but my calico was out late again and she didn't come up until a bit ago. She got scolded. There's bad coyotes out there. I worry about her and usually stay up until I can get her inside.

She never listens. Thank goodness she only does this every once in awhile.

She came in, ate, and went to sleep.

Sigh.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
+2 understand this x2. Our furry daughter used up at least one life escaping a huge coyote once already - that I know of!

AA

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Agree, one very sharp looking 'possum, fine grooming! The ones around here are the mangiest looking beasts going.

dave

Blaze likes to peruse B&B also...his personal hygiene habits have improved greatly since he started doing that. Next thing you know he's going to commandeer one of my straights. He seems to like the scent of TOBS lime, but he's a little leery of my badger brush. That's okay though...he has his own built-in brush.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Well, tried the teflon tape trick on another co2 cartridge in the old Crosman and...didn't work. Immediately lost all gas.

Was looking for an end seal for it online and did find a complete seal kit for a bit over $15, probably wouldn't hurt to get a complete set. Now I need to find out how to replace the end seal. I've seen where people say "It's easy." but they don't say how to do it.

And I did find a couple of the 1861s for sale. Wow...one place wanted $110 and one on the bay had sold for $140...no box or papers. It may be worth it to refurbish the old thing...they were only made from 1981 to 1983.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
View attachment 764172

I used to have more cayoodles running around than I care to discuss. Actually I don't care too much about what they do as long as they stay off my land. Thanks to this $15.00 item and a big bag of marbles, the dog situation has become minimal

Here ya go, Ace. I've had the Wham-O since I was a kid, the cheap, metal Daisy one I picked up at wally world a year or two ago and replaced the crappy bands with some good ones from Simple Shot, and the other three were made by Brucered. The one on the far right has some match bands I put on it and it's my favorite. I have some 3/8 and 1/2 inch steel ammo, and the stout bands I have on the Wham-O will really put the hurt on something. Wouldn't use it on the rouge cat though...probably cause permanent damage. But for hitting a big dog in the butt....

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Nice arsenal. For sure the 3/8 ammo will get the attention of a large obnoxious hound. And the Wrist Rocket can be fairly accurate at moderate distances. That white one you have on the end looks way cool!!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
A big hats off to Brucered. The natural wood one he made from what he picked up while hiking is very nicely finished and has some great grain in it, and the two white ones are nice and light and work great.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Oh...the rouge cat was on the front porch a bit ago and guess what? She had two orange kittens with her that look like they are about 6 or 8 weeks old...eyes wide open and toddling around just fine.

But that's not her attitude problem...she's been mean every since she could first walk.

Top Bottom