What's new

Post the brush(es) on its way to your den.

View attachment 763572 View attachment 763573 This arrived on Saturday.

An absolute beauty of a brush.

Custom made by Cadman Brushes, in the U.K.

It's a 26mm TGN Grade A silvertip. Set at 50mm for backbone.

The handle is beautifully finished in a red carbon fibre effect, has a good weight to it and is extremely comfortable to hold.

This is my first experience with TGN knots, and I must say I am impressed it is dense and very soft on the face.
This brush looks to be of regal descent.

IMG_4483.JPG
It took exactly a month to get here. A pre Brad Sears, Lee Sabini eminefer! LOL

I am not sure how much badgers improve in the first few weeks of use (is there a break in period for badgers?), and I'm not sure if it can get better, but I'm as happy as Larry either way
Great looking brush... My Whipped Dog only took a couple uses to break in and is actually the brush I use the most. You will certainly enjoy that one though.
It took exactly a month to get here. A pre Brad Sears, Lee Sabini eminefer! LOL
I would probably hold out 2 months for that beauty!!

I am not sure how much badgers improve in the first few weeks of use (is there a break in period for badgers?), and I'm not sure if it can get better,

Some badgers are awesome right out of the box; others take a while ( Simpson's Chubby 2) but either way if that Cadman whips up lather as well as she looks, I doubt if you will end up using another brush for some time. My Rooney 2XL almost ( briefly considered for about 30 minutes) made me sell off all my other brushes- however, it doesn't look as beautiful as your Cadman.

marty

Great looking brush... My Whipped Dog only took a couple uses to break in and is actually the brush I use the most. You will certainly enjoy that one though.

I would probably hold out 2 months for that beauty!!
I have a hard enough time waiting for packages that take 2 or 3 days so you sir are very patient. But it was worth it though.

Awesome! Whoever did the clean up work did a fantastic job. Please don't forget to post back once you set that knot in it.

I will Marty. The handle holding the black top looks like it got over heated and lost a little of it's shape, but we call that "character". :001_302:

Just got the email back from WW on my new brush...should be here in about 12 days...
DSC_0700.jpg
DSC_0704.jpg
DSC_0706.jpg

Illiad shape with some minor alterations, fluting at the bottom, and a Black Wolf 25mm Fan set to 55mm loft. Can't wait to get it in and give it a test drive!

IMG_4487.JPG
I just re-knotted this Deluxe Shave Co. with a 2 band TGN badger for my wife as promised. The synthetic knot wasn't doing much for her anymore. I think it came out rather handsomely.

I will Marty. The handle holding the black top looks like it got over heated and lost a little of it's shape, but we call that "character". :001_302:
Those little things is what makes vintage brushes special! They've been through time just like we have and they will show it if they were used and loved all together.

I love the colors on those Deluxe Shave Co. brushes. Very nice job on the re-knot. How's the weight on the handle? I may pick one up to fool with.
It has a very nice solid weight and hand feel. Honestly feels no different than receiving a custom turned resin handle from another artisan. It is very pleasing.

Getting in a nice clean handle. I love e-bay sellers that save me some dirty work.
There are some eBay sellers out there that do sell a good clean product. Thats gonna look great with a new knot. What did you have in mind for it?
Illiad shape with some minor alterations, fluting at the bottom, and a Black Wolf 25mm Fan set to 55mm loft. Can't wait to get it in and give it a test drive!
I've said it before and I'll say it again... That is one badazz looking brush!! I'm afraid my other brushes would get very lonely in the cabinet after that one arrived...:a4:
I just re-knotted this Deluxe Shave Co. with a 2 band TGN badger for my wife as promised. The synthetic knot wasn't doing much for her anymore. I think it came out rather handsomely.
Love the retro look of that brush. She should love the TGN knot you put in it. :punk:

There are some eBay sellers out there that do sell a good clean product. Thats gonna look great with a new knot. What did you have in mind for it?

Not sure yet. Probably a finest of some sort. It will take a 24mm, but I might go with a 22. I like smaller knots.

Top Bottom