What's new

The Converter is Empty

My TWSBI Eco, Fine nib has run out of Sailor Jentle - Miruai. It has been cleaned and filled with Papier Plume Caramel. This ink is a bit drier than others I've used and isn't as much of a joy to write with, however the color is stunning.

Wrote out the Levenger Amethyst of my Pelikan 120 Merz & Krell (Medium) today. This is second fill in just two or three days, so it will be a different ink. Just not sure what yet. The M150 (F) is getting close, in fact I could refill it now. It has Diamine Saddle Brown.

Put the Captain's Commission back in action with a fill of Apache Sunset.

Also followed up the Jinhao159 stubbing with a go on a gold 886, which came out to ~1.1mm. Swapped the empty converter with the one 1/3 full of Emerald of Chivor in the 159.

Wrote out the Levenger Amethyst of my Pelikan 120 Merz & Krell (Medium) today. This is second fill in just two or three days, so it will be a different ink. Just not sure what yet. The M150 (F) is getting close, in fact I could refill it now. It has Diamine Saddle Brown.

The 120 M & K got KWZI Iron Gall Turquoise, the M150 Diamine Merlot, 3776 Century Bourgogne got Blackstone Red Cashmere and my 580 got a fresh load of Pelikan 4001 Blue Black out of a 2016 bottle. I dumped the leftovers of the 2012 bottle. (only a few ml)

Funny enough, I found myself digging up a combination I never thought I would be seeking out, my fine/ef 51 & Borealis Black. My taste is for the broader end of things & just about anything but black ink, so the 51 has been tucked away more than a year now & the Borealis Black longer than that. Going to be doing a fair amount of outline work in the near future though & they would seem to be the right tools for the job.

I have three bottles of ink arriving tomorrow - Lamy Pacific, Diamine Merlot and Robert Oster Astorquiza Rot.

Today's cleanings were partly in preparation for this arrival and partly because I had a couple of pens that were nearly empty and a couple I either wanted to take out of rotation or change the ink I flushed four pens. Pelikan M150 flushed the last tiny bit of Merlot out and filled with Blackstone Red Cashmere, Pelikan 120 Merz & Krell refilled with KWZI Iron Gall Turquoise.

Flushed the TWSBI Eco (Green Cashmere) and my Platinum 3776 Century Bourgogne. It had Red Cashmere. Didn't refill, but they will get two of the three new arrivals. The third new arrival will go in a Lamy Al Star. The 3776 has a B nib, the other two have 1.1 stub nibs.

That leaves nine inked
True Writer Silver Anniversary - Diamine Sherwood Green
Parker 51 Special - Waterman Serenity Blue
Pelikan M150 - Blackstone Red Cashmere
Pelikan 120 Merz & Krell - KWZI Iron Gall Turquoise
Pelikan M200 Cognac Iroshizuku Tsuki Yo
Pelikan M200 Blackstone Uluru Red
Esterbrook J transitional - Diamine Blue Black
Parker 45 - Levenger Pomegranate
TWSBI 580 - Pelikan 4001 Blue Black

Using Iroshizuku shin kai in a couple of pens lately. I've always been kind of ambivelent towards this ink. But after going through about half the bottle, it's growing on me. It's a nice variety of blue black.

My bottle of Pilot Blue Black just arrived. I've inked my Lamy 2K with it. What a nice, true blue black ink. And it comes in a big 70ml bottle to boot!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I have three bottles of ink arriving tomorrow - Lamy Pacific, Diamine Merlot and Robert Oster Astorquiza Rot.

Today's cleanings were partly in preparation for this arrival and partly because I had a couple of pens that were nearly empty and a couple I either wanted to take out of rotation or change the ink I flushed four pens. Pelikan M150 flushed the last tiny bit of Merlot out and filled with Blackstone Red Cashmere, Pelikan 120 Merz & Krell refilled with KWZI Iron Gall Turquoise.

Flushed the TWSBI Eco (Green Cashmere) and my Platinum 3776 Century Bourgogne. It had Red Cashmere. Didn't refill, but they will get two of the three new arrivals. The third new arrival will go in a Lamy Al Star. The 3776 has a B nib, the other two have 1.1 stub nibs.

That leaves nine inked
True Writer Silver Anniversary - Diamine Sherwood Green
Parker 51 Special - Waterman Serenity Blue
Pelikan M150 - Blackstone Red Cashmere
Pelikan 120 Merz & Krell - KWZI Iron Gall Turquoise
Pelikan M200 Cognac Iroshizuku Tsuki Yo
Pelikan M200 Blackstone Uluru Red
Esterbrook J transitional - Diamine Blue Black
Parker 45 - Levenger Pomegranate
TWSBI 580 - Pelikan 4001 Blue Black

It's been a while since I've had that diverse of a pen/ink selection on-hand at a given time. Nice variety!

It's been a while since I've had that diverse of a pen/ink selection on-hand at a given time. Nice variety!

Thanks!

Just took the 45 out of rotation. Replaced it with a copper J that just arrived and I had put a new sac in with a Venus Fine (the 2556 it arrived with fell apart on me) - it got filled with Diamine Merlot. I almost put Saddle Brown in it.

I'll need to pick up a nib unless I can get the 9461 I have to work. It isn't drawing ink.

Top Bottom