What's new

2017 Shave Purchase Sabbatical , The Year of the Walking Dead

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
37 still in (I think that's my number). No temptations yet, but who knows what will happen on any given Paladin Brush Release.

Still alive and still in.

The zombies have been agitated lately and I've been on the move - been too long since I actually shaved....

Still in. Just got back from Munich and am looking forward to being able to use a non-tsa approved razor tomorrow.

Ruckin.

captp

Clarification request. I just ordered a Popov Leather Dopp Kit. I consider a Dopp Kit to be a Toiletries Kit. The fact that I also pack my razor, soap and brush is beside the point. It's mainly what I carry my toothbrush, bath soap, wash cloth, etc in. When I didn't shave, I carried all that and no shaving stuff. What do you think? Does this put me Out?

Clarification request. I just ordered a Popov Leather Dopp Kit. I consider a Dopp Kit to be a Toiletries Kit. The fact that I also pack my razor, soap and brush is beside the point. It's mainly what I carry my toothbrush, bath soap, wash cloth, etc in. When I didn't shave, I carried all that and no shaving stuff. What do you think? Does this put me Out?

I'm no judge, but I definitely see your point & I'd think u are ok. I have a Dopp Kit right now that has never seen shaving gear. I don't connect the two.

Obviously the wise elders will chime in with the ultimate decision but I think you're good!

Hi,

You are OK. It is not used for the act of shaving.

Actually, think of it as a Restraint insurance policy. A good Dopp Kit will help prevent damage or loss of shaving items which would then need to be replaced. ;)

Hmmm. Come to think on it, my Dopp kit is getting rather ratty. I bought it in 1980.....

Stan - Still In

#15 still in. After failing last years sabbatical this year has been a breeze so far. Just have to avoid those estate sales...

captp

Thank you, gents. I'm hoping to be out on a Paladin, when just the right handle comes up.

Still in. Just got back from Munich and am looking forward to being able to use a non-tsa approved razor tomorrow.

Ruckin.

I have an AoS travel kit in my carry on. It's great traveling with a nice travel brush and cream, but I always look forward to getting back to my regular razors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@emwolf - yes when I say TSA approved I mean for carry on. I left my ATT slant at home and took a trac ii clone, a Plissoft brush and a small tube of TOBS cream that I am working on. I guess I would describe the shaves as functional rather than awesome.

I will be in Berlin for a week in May. I have some time to decide if I want to deal with the hassle of checking bags.

Spring cleaning has started at the Ruckin household and my embarrassment supply of shaving products has gone a long way in removing any temptation to buy more stuff.

Ruckin

#17 is still in. Took a walk through the swamp towards the (e)Bay, and was almost taken while looking at vintage razors. Thankfully I came to my senses before getting mired in the muck. I fled, hearing the zombies getting ready to attack, and remain among the living!

@emwolf - yes when I say TSA approved I mean for carry on. I left my ATT slant at home and took a trac ii clone, a Plissoft brush and a small tube of TOBS cream that I am working on. I guess I would describe the shaves as functional rather than awesome.

I will be in Berlin for a week in May. I have some time to decide if I want to deal with the hassle of checking bags.

Spring cleaning has started at the Ruckin household and my embarrassment supply of shaving products has gone a long way in removing any temptation to buy more stuff.

Ruckin
You know, I might take a cart anyway. I've got an unused $1 shave club razor from my daughter (she's trying to support my habit), rather than risk taking anything I might miss when it's gone.

My concern is that anything that goes "checked' is subject to the wants of baggage handlers and TSA agents. Not to mention just falling off the cart and being run over "accidentally" by one of the tugs.

My travel shaving kit is two or more Sensor2 disposables (decent razor, disgusting lube strip), a soap stick such as Speick or LaToja, a WD synth brush and 3oz or less of Thayer's lemon. EDIT: add a nick stop of some kind. I like the Proraso gel.

#3 still in......... We found out that one in our group, my sweet wife, is pregnant! We will be much more carful with our supplies. I'm sure we will make it to the end safely! No zombies seen lately!

#3 still in......... We found out that one in our group, my sweet wife, is pregnant! We will be much more carful with our supplies. I'm sure we will make it to the end safely! No zombies seen lately!

congrats!

Congratulations from me too. Good times ahead.

Top Bottom