What's new

D.R. Harris creams & residual slickness

I'm on the fence about purchasing a tub of D.R. Harris Arlington. I'm working through a sample and love the scent; performance has been good except for one thing -- there's zero residual slickness after a pass, and I like my residual slickness.

Has anyone else noticed this, or do I just need to use a ton more water? Only one shave left on the sample so I'm asking rather than experimenting. I am fairly picky about products I keep; I'm a speed shaver so I don't like to spend a lot of time lathering. If a product takes longer than 15 seconds to load or longer than 90 seconds to face-lather, it's not gonna be a keeper.

Tips or opinions? Thanks!

Although the DRH residuum isn’t the slickest, it’s still quite slick, ime.

Of course, sub-opitimal intra-stroke slickness, goes hand in hand with poor post-stroke slickness, so a proper lather is needed to begin with.

Difficult to exactly pinpoint why you’re not getting the desired residual slickness, but perhaps more water is needed (gradually added), or, both more water and product. Otoh, could simply be a faulty sample.

Thanks; I think I'll pick up another sample and see if I can dial it in before committing to an entire tub. Creamwise I'm mostly a TOBS guy and I'm likely trying to use the same product/water ratio on the Arlington.

I did manage to get sufficient residual slickness out of that last shave on the Arlington sample, although I did have to spend rather more time lathering than I'm comfortable with; at least two and a half minutes.

Looks like a sample issue (amount and/or quality).
More like it: guy in this video gets an acceptable Arlington lather after about a minute of face lathering.
TY for the video! I may give another sample a shot next time I pick some up; in the meantime I ordered the Arlington bath soap so I'll get the scent without the (for my technique) iffy lather.

Top Bottom