What's new

My First Meer Has Arrived-Journal of It's Coloring

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That's hilarious in a sad way. Mine only chipped thankfully. But between that and the considerable grime it picked up from the remnants of many hurried oil changes and botched valve adjustments, she is some fugly now. Did you glue yours back together?
Yeah, the results were in several posts in the Pipe of the Day. It went ok for a bit, then something got stuck and I couldn't pass a cleaner. I had to use an air compressor to clear it. Eventually, it just came back apart at the seems. I tossed it then.

ah well, thankfully they're not too expensive. I like my meer, but I wouldn't be heart broken if it was gone tomorrow. There are plenty of good pipes for a much better price out there than my strambach.

I'm fairly rough with mine so far. Don't really beat on them but don't baby them either. I might would if I had a more expensive and higher quality meer. Thats half the reason I haven't gotten any "nicer" pipes. Fear I would damage them. But I guess thats what would make it yours. Maybe one day I'll get some nicer stuff. I'm starting to see more value in smoking a pipe that you can admire. Get a good smoke either way but true enjoyment is what its all about for me.

true enjoyment is what its all about for me.

dalai-lama.jpg

I definitely notice a darkening where i hold my meer. Clearly is the oil from my fingers soaking in. Ehhh...whatever. not that big a deal to me, but i can understand somebody wanting to prevent that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
IMG_3290.JPG
No, but on your deathbed you will receive total enlightenment, so you got that going for you...big hitter the lama.
My biggest fear of death- knowing I will never see my beautiful granddaughter, or the rest of my family, ever again

Enjoying a bowl of Orlik Golden Mixture and a cup of coffee while the dog frolics this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a goal for someone as March approaches. Saw this in one of the local baccy shops at lunch and had to take a pic. For size reference, notice the pipe rack on the right.

meerschaum.JPG

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Here's a goal for someone as March approaches. Saw this in one of the local baccy shops at lunch and had to take a pic. For size reference, notice the pipe rack on the right.

View attachment 764156

That's Bacchus laughing at you for even thinking you could handle such a monster pipe...

Top Bottom