What's new

Alternative to Sport Coat or Windbreaker?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Living in the deep south, I rarely wear a sport coat and only occasionally a windbreaker. I once had a very lightweight cotton/poly "Safari" style jacket that I could wear in all but the hottest weather. Not necessarily looking for a safari style jacket, but something with a similar functionality and very lightweight and casual. Something with a longer length than a typical "bomber" style windbreaker. Any suggestions?

Cutter & Buck makes a micro suede jacket that might fit your needs. I've had an earlier version for years and it makes for a great 3-season choice. You could also go with a linen sport coat if you want to go just a little dressier.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
M65 is way too heavy (have that), probably the MAC coat as well. Does not necessarily need to be waterproof.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have bomber style windbreaker jackets, want something longer. Also must be more care free than linen, stain resistant, machine washable, low maintenance. M65 way too heavy (got one) and the Mac coat probably too heavy. Doesn't need to be waterproof.

Top Bottom