What's new

Soap Sample Passaround Box

These came in the mail yesterday for the next round. They sell them in smaller three ounce tins like these as well as six ounce tubs.

001.jpg

All of the scents smell great but I'm especially drawn to their Hunting Lodge scent. It's in the same wheelhouse as Tiki The Captain and WSP Formula T Tobacco. An outstanding scent in my opinion.

I might give it a try and post a review soon. This one looks promising to me.

Whoever has the sample box with the Viking soaps in it please give them a go and post a review.

Apparently one of the You Tube type reviewers posted a really positive review of their soaps and now they can't keep anything in stock. Andrew from Viking is a super nice guy so I'm happy that he's having some success. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I found it to be a solid offering, with no glaring weaknesses, when I tried it myself but I didn't rate it as high as some others are rating it now. Did I miss something, or am I just much more particular than everyone else?

I'm curious to see what you guys think about it.

Whoever has the sample box with the Viking soaps in it please give them a go and post a review.

Apparently one of the You Tube type reviewers posted a really positive review of their soaps and now they can't keep anything in stock. Andrew from Viking is a super nice guy so I'm happy that he's having some success. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I found it to be a solid offering, with no glaring weaknesses, when I tried it myself but I didn't rate it as high as some others are rating it now. Did I miss something, or am I just much more particular than everyone else?

Funny you say this. So I picked out a few samples from Box 2 last night to take with me on my work trip and Viking was one of the brands. I picked out Ragnar because my wife liked the way it smelled. I didn't know anything about it, but this morning I made a quick search on the soap and found out that some of the soaps are tallow based while others are vegan (or so labeled). The one I picked was vegan. I will most likely give it a try tonight. But now I am wondering how different the tallow versions are. So when I get back I might try out one of those also.

David, there have been a few reviews on our soaps from the passaround, although the thread search isn't quite as intuitive as it used to be, but here is the most recent review:

Soap Sample Passaround Box - Round 2

You are correct that things have been difficult to keep in stock since this initial YouTube review came out, but are keeping up to the best of my ability! Appreciate the kind words.

Funny you say this. So I picked out a few samples from Box 2 last night to take with me on my work trip and Viking was one of the brands. I picked out Ragnar because my wife liked the way it smelled. I didn't know anything about it, but this morning I made a quick search on the soap and found out that some of the soaps are tallow based while others are vegan (or so labeled). The one I picked was vegan. I will most likely give it a try tonight. But now I am wondering how different the tallow versions are. So when I get back I might try out one of those also.

Just FYI, my formula on both vegan and tallow was to have a nearly identical fatty acid profile so IMHO, they perform very similar to one another, but there are definitely some intangibles that come along with different ingredients, so hard to say for sure.

David, there have been a few reviews on our soaps from the passaround, although the thread search isn't quite as intuitive as it used to be, but here is the most recent review:

Soap Sample Passaround Box - Round 2

You are correct that things have been difficult to keep in stock since this initial YouTube review came out, but are keeping up to the best of my ability! Appreciate the kind words.

It's my pleasure. I'm glad that things are going well for you.

Thanks Don, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Yeah, sorry guys. I'd just add you to this round but I need to top off the samples and do a little clean up.

Plus with the stuff I have coming in the next round is going to be even better. I was going to be super selective and just add a couple exceptional vendors. I'd remove some of the less desirable stuff from the earlier rounds and keep it to three boxes. But then I got a bit carried away and figured a fourth box would be an excellent addition. I'm super excited about the next round.

So far new additions in box four will be:
LongRifle Soap Co. - (soap arrived 2/23/17)
Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations - (soap arrived 2/24/17)
Turtleship
Soap Smooth
Razormaster
Crowne & Crane
Sapone di Paolo
Jabonman Eufros
Soap Making Adventure Smooth Operator
Beehive Soap Co.
Fairhope Soap Co.
Obsessive Soap Perfectionist
L&L Grooming

As if this isn't enough to create an outstanding box four, there are invitations still out to some other vendors as well. I won't name any names in case they don't care to participate but there are some I've reached out to that I'd really like to see participate in this.

This is a really nice combination of well known vendors making some really outstanding soaps and some others that are quietly making some exceptional products that have yet to be discovered. This next round is definitely going to be a lot of fun.

Thank you for all the work behind the scenes on this!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thank you. I enjoy this as much as you guys do. I'm excited to try a lot of these soaps myself as many are getting really great reviews. I'd love to find another soap that ranks in my top five and some of these have that potential to do just that.

Top Bottom