What's new

One pass success

Hi Fellas,
Started this about 5 weeks ago. Starting to get a very good first pass. Second pass still causes irritated skin.
Made up a preshave with olive and grape seed oil which def helps! Need to add little castor to the mix.
Still have more blades to try.
Been using Voskhod this week.
Next, ill try the silver- blue.
Lather getting better too. It's interesting, when it gets thicker the sound changes!
Thanks to all for previous comments.
Ronnnie

Silver Blues are my go to blade. I found they work very well in every razor I own. You my find that fixes your second pass irritation problem. I also recommend you examine how hard you're pressing down and possibly examining your soap quality. Some soaps need a little rehydrating by the time you get to your second application.

Silver Blues are my go to blade. I found they work very well in every razor I own. You my find that fixes your second pass irritation problem. I also recommend you examine how hard you're pressing down and possibly examining your soap quality. Some soaps need a little rehydrating by the time you get to your second application.
Welcome aboard and congrats on your progress.

Great concoction mixing in the oils. When I have time i'll favor a bit of pre shave oil into my routine. Grape seed is an excellent choice! Welcome!
Cheers,
Stan

Ronnie, I like your logical approach to figuring out your DE shaving technique. Thanks for an interesting post and congrats on your success! :thumbup1:

Ronnie @Ronq345 I am assuming your 1st pass is a WtG pass. What are you doing for your 2nd pass. Also, I agree...you are probably using too much pressure on your second pass. XtG passes can often be tricky...but just keep at it...you are doing fine. Oh...and welcome to Badger & Blade!

Welcome.
Keep working on that second pass. Pressure and blade angle are important. I wonder if the problem is starting on the first pass and the second pass makes it more noticeable?

Thanks guys for the advice.
Tried a silver blue blade today. I think lather was too thick on my face. After the first pass, their was still soap where i had just shaved. I also keep trying to make a clean first pass like you see in all the videos!
Which of cause resulted in a couple razor burns. Didnt go across the grain just one pass. Keep looking at angle with each stroke, hopefully it will become second nature. Appreciate your thoughts..

Too thick lather? That's like too much money.

You can go back over a missed/unsatisfactory spot, just remain WTG. The object is beard reduction, not elimination.

The second pass is a re-lather XTG pass, with the same aim as above.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Keep at it! You'll get it dialed in. If it gets tough, take a break and reexamine your prep and technique.
Glad to meet you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom