What's new

Burn or Chill?

Do you prefer AS to burn or to cool your freshly shaven skin?

• Burn

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Chill

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • I like both

Votes: 25 50.0%

• Total voters
I like the immediate burn of alcohol followed right behind by the coolness of the menthol. It's exhilarating.

I love the menthol cool of intensive alcohol aftershaves like PAA's Chella Cool, Tombstone or Al Fin. But I also love the burn of Co9T.

I kinda prefer more of a burn than chill, although as my technique has gotten better and better I get very little burn.

I love the burn, especially with Co9T. Awhile back, when I was head shaving, a big splash of Co9T early in the morning woke me up faster than any cup of coffee ever could. Menthol has never appealed to me, the chill can even make me shiver. Not what I want in the morning.

burn, going back to the mid 50's when i started DE shaving with a Slim, on 9 because i was "tough", and got the burn to help the aggressiveness. today my Slim is on 4.

there's always a plan B.

I'm a chill guy. The chill just feels so refreshing after a warm shave. I look forward to the cold water rinse and then either a chilling AS or balm. Neutrals like Clubman work as well because the alcohol gives some cool. I've been known to use a warming AS like Virgin Island Bay Rum on occasion, but it doesn't give me the good feel like a cooling one.

Burn, especially a Cat O' Nine Tails burn. It's tough to break a 50+ year burn habit, although I do like my sample of Kramperts Frostbite and may have to pick more up when it's gone.

I like both, burn a little more than chill though. I don't need menthol, but I like it. I don't need a lot of burn, but I have no use for alcohol free aftershaves.

I like the alcohol burn. that lets me know that any wounds are being disinfected. I like the chill because that's just cool.

Top Bottom