What's new

Identifying a chromed brass case.

One of my recent e-bay purchases included a Durham Duplex, a strange Old (see different thread), two of the open end chromed brass blade banks, a stack of Wilkinson Swords (old, but the packages are still intact), and the blades and banks were stuffed into a chromed case. At first, doing some searching, it looked a lot like the tins that a Durham Duplex would come in, but it turned out it wasn't anywhere near long enough to fit the DD.

Can anyone make a guess as to what this might be from/for? The inside is an enamel paint that definitely looks like it was meant to withstand moisture, but the _top_ has most of the chrome worn off. Why not the bottom, I don't know.
IMG_20170222_201939.jpgIMG_20170222_202003.jpg IMG_20170222_202021.jpg

It's just weirdly short. Just tossed it up to see if anyone else had seen one before. It's definitely not important.

Roughly 4 1/2 inches long, 1 1/4 inches wide, and 1 1/2 inches tall, when closed. If I squashed it a bit to make it narrower, I could put a stick of Arko into the box. Maybe that's what I should do - use it as a soap box :)

Looks like it might be worn on top because the top can be used as a bottom (nested).

Top Bottom