What's new

Fixed 4 for March 2017 — WHAT?

Hi,

I'm doing this year's purchase sabbatical already, so why not add some extra restrictions :D

This will be my setup for March:

• Razor: Feather Artist Club DX in teak
  • Blade: Feather Professional blade
  • Brush: Semogue 610
  • Soap: Cella

I'm also Excalibur'ing a Feather Pro blade (30 shaves so far) and it will be interesting to see how far into March I can take it.

Pretty picture of the equipment:
Fixed_four.jpg

Arjen

Oh I have been waiting and planning for this! I want to go all Italian for the month except I only have one Bolzano left. I will have to decide on my set up and stage a photo but I am planning on a Fatip razor, Bolzano blade, Omega Italian Flag brush, and Cella Soap.

Interesting. I'm surviving through a 3017 of Haslinger Schafmilch which is just about done (I think I'll finish it tomorrow), so I need to choose another soap to 3017. I'm also making it through One Blade February and it's not killing me. I'm in for Fixed 4 for March. Here's my setup:

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 (I haven't used this thing in forever since I got my Maggard Slant and Fatip Grande)
Blade: Ladas (I'm going to try and one-blade this one too, but I have a few left in my tuck just in case things go south)
Brush: Semogue 1250
Soap: RazoRock XX

I guess since we all need the obligatory gear picture:
20170223_0002.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Razor: Fasan DoubleSlant
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Vie Long horsehsir
Soap: Carden Farms NC glycerine mixed 50/50 with Oster barbershop tallow

This is my usual setup. What makes it different for March is that I am returning to it. I went on a mini-Treewhale the first week of the year picking up a few razors after three years of Restraint. So, I have been trying them out ever since.

The soap is automatically mixed as I have put half a puck of each into an Old Spice mug. The glycerine soap is slcker, but it dries out fast. The tallow holds water for a much longer time, but it could be slicker. Hence the mixing.

If you think that the mixed soap technically counts as two, then call it Hector's Creek Specialty Farm (the name of my gourd farm) Specialty Soap and it will count as one....with the creator giving full disclosure on how it was made. ;)

But, if anyone still wants to cry Foul!, because we do have chickens, then I will switch and use some leftover Old Spice I have had kicking around since about 1988....

Stan

Last edited:
I'm ready for March
:thumbup1:

I'm in for Fixed 4 for March.
:thumbup1: Thanks for the pic. We LOVE pics, but they're not obligatory.

If you think that the mixed soap technically counts as two, then call it Hector's Creek Specialty Farm (the name of my gourd farm) Specialty Soap and it will count as one....with the creator giving full disclosure on how it was made. ;)
:thumbup1: Any proprietary or non-proprietary soap mixture is fine, as long as it's announced and stuck to for the whole month... something like Rule 1 in the OP here.

Making rules is fun. Of course the more serious would ask: "Is that a real rule, or did you just make it up?"

Hi,

I have been chuckling at the name Hector's Creek Specialty Farm Specialty Shaving Soap all day long....but I might have trouble fitting all that on a mug.... ;)

Maybe my buddy over at Carden Farms is onto something with his soap sideline....

Yup. All month long. I think, based on prior One Blade February runs, I can do the month on two Lab Blue blades as well. Even tho the rule lets me have as many as I might need.

Stan

:thumbup1: Thanks for the pic. We LOVE pics, but they're not obligatory.

I actually love posting shave pics. Photography is one of my hobbies and I've been dabbling with strobist work and product photography. SOTD pics and gear pics are great practice for me! I have to keep pics of the XX going too for 3017 purposes.

*breathe*.....im in..... Wahl silvertip pure badger brush....shaver shop medium DE razor...feather DE blade yellow packet( going to see how far i can get one blade to go :\ )...hmmmm for cream im going tf&h sandalwood i need
To use it up soon and make room* no pics atm
Im sick :(

Ah they are the same...hm interesting...well at least i know if i spot the black packet cheap somewhere they are the exact same as the yellow pack or if a place is out of stock can just get those:001_cool:

I'd love to join you guys, but I'm traveling in March and I'm not sure that I can ship blades ahead. If this happens in April, I'll most likely be in!

OK, I'm going out on a limb and changing one item just under the wire. I'm subbing out my no-name synthetic brush for my just arrived Frank Shaving Finest Badger Brush. I'm going to start my fixed four tonight with the new brush, which is de-funking as I type.

So the new lineup is as follows:

Razor: Gillette Super Speed Black Handle
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless
Brush: Frank Shaving Finest Badger
Soap: Tabac

Just noticed this thread and I'm tempted. I'm currently 3017ing a puck of Da Fat, but to join the Fixed Four I'd need to put that on hold as I'm travelling at the end of the month and don't want to lug around a large puck with me. This is like asking me to choose between pistachio nuts and macadamia nuts. It will take careful consideration :)

Top Bottom