What's new

Oh my. Look here. Coming Friday to a Forum near you

So, we get a video? Cool! Blu-Ray, or DVD? I'm anti-Sony, so I hope for DVD :)

Whoever put that together - good production.

Hi,

Too bad You Tube is forbidden to play on anything I own. The current stuff all blocked it on the last update cycles due to security risks. And, You Tube won't allow itself to play new videos on the older stuff - it just shows snow and a message to update my code. YT is rapidly becoming a dead site.

Stan

Hi,

Too bad You Tube is forbidden to play on anything I own. The current stuff all blocked it on the last update cycles due to security risks. And, You Tube won't allow itself to play new videos on the older stuff - it just shows snow and a message to update my code. YT is rapidly becoming a dead site.

Stan

What OS are you running? Is it at home or work? Or both?

Hi,

Several different machines and OS. It all boils down to two things. You Tube is a security issue coupled with usage of Flash. It is a dying site. So, either the security software won't let it work, or browser updates on more open machines. On older machines, You Tube themselves will not allow playing just instructing that the browser requires updating. So, at this point none of our dozen or so Macs, PCs, tablets or phones will work on You Tube.

Stan

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Honest, guys, something is coming. They won't tell me what it is, but I'm sure it's epic. And AWESOME.

i-dont-always-keep-people-in-suspense_but-when.jpg

Hi,

Several different machines and OS. It all boils down to two things. You Tube is a security issue coupled with usage of Flash. It is a dying site. So, either the security software won't let it work, or browser updates on more open machines. On older machines, You Tube themselves will not allow playing just instructing that the browser requires updating. So, at this point none of our dozen or so Macs, PCs, tablets or phones will work on You Tube.

Stan
Youtube doesn't use flash anymore. It should be using HTML5 unless you're using really out of date browsers.

Youtube doesn't use flash anymore. It should be using HTML5 unless you're using really out of date browsers.

I've found that it's random. Some videos, if you right click on them, it shows the Adobe Flash options. Other videos don't. That's with Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

I think it's that they're more _testing_ HTML5, but not converting the older ones.

I hear that Gillette is coming out with a razor that has 10 blades and plays youtube videos.
Hi,

Stan

I've found that it's random. Some videos, if you right click on them, it shows the Adobe Flash options. Other videos don't. That's with Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

I think it's that they're more _testing_ HTML5, but not converting the older ones.

Top Bottom