What's new

Small Batch Shave Tonic "Winter Reserve"

I am like a crack addict, I have more aftershave than I could use in 10 years but still felt the need to get this based on bottle looks alone and the description, the cost is a tad high by the time you add in shipping but if you order two bottles it offsets there cost so I took a chance and ordered two and glad I did, for me it a very different scent and unlike any I have smelled

It's apparently made in small batches in Louisville,

And here is an excerpt from the review:

Inside this bottle is a handcrafted post shave elixir concocted with the true Kentucky gentleman in mind. Winter Reserve is a twist on the classic men's scent, Bay Rum. Using our native spirit, Bourbon, ingredients are steeped for two months allowing the blend to fully mature. After filtering twice, each bottle is then filled, labeled, and numbered individually by hand.

The smell is very different and to me it and has a smokey leafy very light bay rum scent with a light bourbon smell as well and trust me i indulged in Jack Black in my youth.

IMG_6120.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My bottle is from 12-2015, I think its 46/75. I love this aftershave. Its not something I would use evey day, but when I do use it I am constsntly smelling my hands to get a whiff. Great AS

I still indulge in Jack Daniels... but what I smell with this AS is a complex vanilla. I also own two bottles and, when I start running low on the first, I'll order another.

The only issue I have noticed is it has a very large opening with a cork stopper and I had a heck of a time getting the stopper to stay in the bottle once some of the oils got in the neck so hopefully as the stopper gets put in/out it will be better and dispensing with such a large opening is hard with using the dropper they include.

Mine is 18/56 5-20-16. Mine looks darker than those could be the lighting though or maybe age. I love this stuff. I would put a bit in a bottle with a reducer makes it last forever. I really smell the vanilla with some cinnamon and the bourbon and blood orange the rest of the ingredients are there as under notes. This is the AS that inspired me to make my own using real vodkas, bourbons and rums. Enjoy!

What does something like that cost?

Rob,

I seemed costly to me at $26 bottle and $10 shipping but I ordered two and it only rasied the shipping by $2 but they are 7.5 oz bottles so if you were to get to it's not a terrible price.

Wont ship to Canada oh I hate being Canadian sometimes we always get shafted when it comes to shaving products. Our only saving grace is Aqua Velva Original Sport.

I was in Louisville Kentucky today and had a few minutes to spare on my way to the airport. Plugged in the address to the chop shop and $25 later I have a bottle of winter reserve.

Hmm, my eldest child is moving to Louisville in the next week. I may have to investigate this... I mean visit her!

It's really a nice splash and overall not that costly compared to other quaility splashes especially if you live close enough to pick up locally.

Sounds interesting! From the description, this has a lot of similarity of Pinaud's Special Reserve.

Top Bottom