What's new

B&B Boar Brush

Has anyone ever attempted/completed B&B boat brush and changed the knot from boar to badger? Looking to do this and just wondering if anyone else has done the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should not be any different than reknotting any other brush. If you have not done one before, you might try your skills with a current Burma Shave brush. They can be found for about $5.00 on ebay. A 19mm finest knot can be found on ebay from Virginia Sheng or ACE for about $10.00.

It should not be any different than reknotting any other brush. If you have not done one before, you might try your skills with a current Burma Shave brush. They can be found for about $5.00 on ebay. A 19mm finest knot can be found on ebay from Virginia Sheng or ACE for about $10.00.

+1 You should probably do a test one on a brush you don't care about, but the process should be the same.

I appreciate everyone's take. I'm going to have to pass on doing this now since my 2 year old saw the 'shiny new toy' and launched it off the 2nd floor onto the tile floor below.

I appreciate everyone's take. I'm going to have to pass on doing this now since my 2 year old saw the 'shiny new toy' and launched it off the 2nd floor onto the tile floor below.

Did that really happen?

Did that really happen?

Yes indeed. I left it on top of my desk after I was looking up different knots vice putting it away in the bathroom. She was wandering around and got a hold of it. My son said he tried to stop her but she was already in mid-throw

On the bright side, my son said she should try baseball when she's older because she had some distance on it.

Another bright side is that you can always replace a shaving brush. Daughter's are a bit harder to replace, especially one with a strong throwing arm.

My condolences! I have to watch my 3 year old daughter like a hawk around my brushes because she likes the pretty colors and wants to dust the floor with them!

Yes indeed. I left it on top of my desk after I was looking up different knots vice putting it away in the bathroom. She was wandering around and got a hold of it. My son said he tried to stop her but she was already in mid-throw

On the bright side, my son said she should try baseball when she's older because she had some distance on it.

Show us a pic, anything can be fixed, and this would be an excellent opportunity to re-knot! :thumbsup:

Cats have a thing for brushes too, and they can go where kids can't! :nono: :taz:

Show us a pic, anything can be fixed, and this would be an excellent opportunity to re-knot! :thumbsup:

Cats have a thing for brushes too, and they can go where kids can't! :nono: :taz:

This handle was beyond repair. It was literally in about 5-7 pieces. I wish I would have been able to salvage it since it was gifted. Now I'll have see if anyone posts a similar one up for sale.

Which one was it?

I didn't have a picture of mine but it's the one with gray glitter. I found a picture of it online.

I checked WCS as well but they only carry the red and are currently sold out.

badger-blade-omega-blonde-boar-shaving-brush-grey-glitter-handle.jpg

I saw that one and am debating on picking it up. WCS is only about 45 minutes from me so I'll go see it in person. Still going to be looking for the other editions as well.

You better call them first because mine shipped from Maryland. They may not have it in stock where you are.

Top Bottom