What's new

Never Ending Travel Box

Okay, Okay...I know I am late with some reviews. Hopefully the next couple of days I will get some of these in for you and then get the box moving again!

This morning I shaved with the soap labeled Martin de Candre Unscented. I typically don't go for unscented soap because I like my smells. But I have been wondering what all the hub-bub is about...bub. I went ahead and pulled out a small amount out of the tub and then pressed it into a bowl. The soap itself is really soft...I mean...it's just a tad thicker than marshmallow fluff. You can easily scoop a bit out with a spoon. I face lather so I loaded with my Omega Pro 49 (boar hair) after I had soaked it while I was showering. Not only did it load easy...but it lathered easy also. In fact, this was one of the best lathering soaps I have used. Shaving with it was a joy. Nice and slick...good protection...great cushion. The lather was nice and stable throughout the shave with little to no degradation. The soap feels great on my face and post shave feel is very good. Is this the best soap I have shaved with? No...but it definitely is near the top. I splashed on some Bootlegger's Bay Rum AS and all is right with the world today!

The third pic is the lather I built on my face...don't mind the three day stubble poking through. The last pic was what was on my brush after I loaded. Have a great day!

$mdc 1.jpg$mdc 2.jpg$mdc 3.jpg$mdc 4.jpg

[MENTION=93173]dangerousdon[/MENTION] Nice review and pics! Love the bowl and great choice of the super adjustable for your shaving tool. Keep 'em coming!

Last edited:
This morning I went with Queen Charlotte Soaps Green Irish Tweed Type Shaving Cream. I don't know how long this has been in the box, but there is very little of it missing and it is pretty fantastic. I am more of a soap guy but I love these fresh type scents, so I decided to give this cream a try. I'm not sure if it is because maybe the cream has dried out a little or if it is supposed to be that way, but this is the thickest shaving cream I have ever used. I would actually say that it might be closer to a croap than a cream. honestly it is about the same thickness as say...Strop Shoppe soaps or some of those really soft Italian soaps. Anyway, the performance on this "cream" is great. Nice slickness, decent protection, and better than average post shave feel for a cream. I will say that the lather on this is very thick and rich. This cream will take on a lot of water so don't be afraid to build it up! Unfortunately, QCS has recently closed it's doors, so this large tub of shaving cream is now unobtainium. I suggest those behind me give this a try, even if it is just to say that you have used one of the mainstays of Artisan made shave soap for so long. Anyway, plashed on some Thayers Medicated Superhazel...fixed my hair...and then splashed on some Osage Rub and followed that by some Chiseled Face Summer Storm. Hope you guys enjoyed this review. I will try to get couple more in before the box gets sent off.

Have a Great Day!

$Green Irish Tweed Type 1.jpg$Green Irish Tweed Type 2.jpg$Green Irish Tweed Type 3.jpg

I just emailed [MENTION=108270]TriggerMan[/MENTION] to see if he was still interested in the pass around. I know he has been offline for a few months but I wanted to see if he still wanted to participate. I will wait a couple of days to see if he responds.

My big interwebs is down, and adjusting the list from my phone is, well, not so nice to do.... I'll fix the adds and subtractions and such tomorrow... Glad your still rocking it out

I am really sorry for the delay guys. I have excuses but no one really wants to hear them. At any rate...the box has been sent off to @mightyeskimo. the tracking number is:

This is the last list I found so I think there are a few spots that are open for anyone who wants in.

01.mightyeskimo
02.bingo82d
03. davidr2340
04.wcasey5716
05. MacQ
06.Sdm84
07.jstr2112
08. Swazilander

I hope the rest of you enjoy! There are some good things in it and I added a couple things myself.

I had a love/hate relationship with Arko (and Tabac). Loved the performance, but hated the scent.

If you love Arko, you might try the Veg too as it doesn't agree with my nose either :)

I'm jealous, as I would have so many more great soaps in my den if my nose were more like yours. ;)

About the only old school scent I like is Cella (almond).

Top Bottom