What's new

Smokin' in your vehicle

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That is one heck of a fire, Owen. I've never seen anything like that on a bike and I've seen a lot of wrecks and car fires. Glad your Dad got out okay.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That is one heck of a fire, Owen. I've never seen anything like that on a bike and I've seen a lot of wrecks and car fires. Glad your Dad got out okay.
Yep, neither had he, and he has been riding since the 60s.

Borderdog...if you are mowing 4 acres you really need to get a zero turn one instead of a lawn tractor...goes much faster. Mine even has a cup holder and you could put some chicken feed in it for your mowing buddy.

Unfortunately the zero turns don't do hills as steep as part of my yard. Also, you can't hook a tiller up to them. A Bercomac tiller attached to the PTO of a 24 horse garden tractor works miracles in my garden and fruit trees. Much more fun than a walk behind.

I've got a cup holder, but I'm really considering one of the beer dispensing hard hats. Two cans seems more efficient than one. :a17:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My wife bought me a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk last October for my birthday. I did smoke a bowl in it a couple weeks back on the way home from work around 4 am. I opened up the large sunroof and that seemed to work really well of sucking out the smoke.

Driving to work the next day and couldn't smell anything from the night before. Don't think I would want to smoke in it too often though.

Not me. I don't want to re-light my pipe while driving. Too distracting, and takes away from the pleasure of a slow, contemplative smoke.

My 1998 Jeep Cherokee already has an old farm truck smell. I've other added to the pleasantness with more birddog, dead pheasant and pipe smoke. The heavy English linger the most especially if I don't crack a window.

Not me. I don't want to re-light my pipe while driving. Too distracting, and takes away from the pleasure of a slow, contemplative smoke.
This. I'm too busy dealing with the idiotic college kids who drive like maniacs around here. It's one of the downsides of living near a major university.

Ditto for the MD, PA, and NJ drivers that swarm in. :censored:

Does somebody get enabling points if I go buy a motorcycle because of this thread? You guys have me drooling!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You can always go classic. Here's my 83 FXE (Suoerglide)- last year of the Shovelhead, at least in the US.

IMG_3314.JPG

Ok Price, I haven't seen your bike yet! I don't have many pictures of mine, but here's a picture of my boys first ride with me...
bmw.jpg

And my first bike in the UK while learning to navigate Cornish lanes. After a few close calls with
1.JPG
locked up brakes, it had to go...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That's beautiful...should I ever chase this particular dream it will be classic. I've long loved the café racer style bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.
And my first bike in the UK while learning to navigate Cornish lanes. After a few close calls with View attachment 764155 locked up brakes, it had to go...
Nice Trumpet (if you don't know, that is N. American slang for Triumph)

And my first bike in the UK while learning to navigate Cornish lanes. After a few close calls with View attachment 764155 locked up brakes, it had to go...
I've locked the brakes on my 125 a couple of times. Worst was when the rear wheel started sliding all over the place in heavy rain on my way home through country roads. Almost went into the ditch luckily managed to save it and take the corner.
Nice Trumpet (if you don't know, that is N. American slang for Triumph)
Unless my memory is playing tricks Paul is a yank that emigrated.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I wonder how we would go about getting a motorcycle sub-forum going, I bet it would be popular!

Well, thinking back to my active-moderator days, the "reverse field of dreams" always worked best ... if they come, we will build it. That is, if there are a lot of motorcycle discussion threads active in B&B the mods will see that the interest and the activity is there, and maybe they should dedicate a spot to gather it all up.

Top Bottom