What's new

Same Razor Every Day?

Just wondering how many of us have settled in on using one razor exclusively every day?

I settled in with my 34C about a year and a half ago and really have no desire to use any other razor. For a few years before that I tried a decent array of razors: EJ DE89, Fatip, New SC, Tech, Fatboy, and maybe 1 or two others. Every time went back to the 34C it just felt like a great shave. All the other razors are gone now with the exception of the Tech 54 Ball End that I keep around for a spare or travel razor. Life is good, shaves are great, and I don't have to think about what I am going to be using each morning.

Sounds like how the Rockwell 6s has killed RAD for me. I see my other razors, but just go for the smooth efficiency of the 6s. I have been using this razor literally 7 days a week to get BBS shaves with zero irritation.

But then again, I never tried the 34c. Hmmm . . . And therein, the source of the disorder.

Happy shaving!

I haven't shaved with another razor since I received a generous gift of a Fatboy. It works wonderfully well for me. I even set it to 9 this morning and has a smooth, irritation free shave.

Sent via mobile - Chris

I'm shaving with straights more these days but when I use a DE it is usually my Gillette Old style Open Comb. I have a few other Gillette vintage razors and can get smooth shaves with all of them but the Old style is generally the one I use.

A lot of the reason, I think, is just that it has a thinner head and is easier to use just under the nose. Other than that, and looks, most DE's shave about the same to me. They all work.

Funny before I discovered B&B about 5 years ago, I only used a Trac II. It was the only razor I had. Now I have about 12 razors but have narrowed it down to 3 that I use regularly, a Fatip Piccolo, a AlumiGoose V1, and an ATT SE1.

I have a lot of razors most of which are vintage Gillettes. I love the Gillette New OC and have used them for years. In the past month I bought a Timeless OC with the .68 gap. This is by far the smoothest, most efficient shaver I have ever come across. I will still occasionally pull out one of the old Gillettes when I am feeling nostalgic but it will be on the very rare occasion. My RAD is cured.

I have been using the same razor , a 1978 super speed since August 2012 since my Godfather died , it belonged to him. I also have a 1976 super speed and a 1956 diplomat that belonged to him so well, but have not used them as of yet.

I used a Schick Krona almost exclusively for about 2+ decades. The Rockwell 6s is easily my daily razor for the foreseeable future. I still keep an eye out for unbelievable razor deals and am willing to try something new but the 6s has replaced everything else I have. My only critique for the 6s would be that they would have kept the original knurling of the original 6s. But that's only a minor inconvenience.

I used a Schick Krona almost exclusively for about 2+ decades. The Rockwell 6s is easily my daily razor for the foreseeable future. I still keep an eye out for unbelievable razor deals and am willing to try something new but the 6s has replaced everything else I have. My only critique for the 6s would be that they would have kept the original knurling of the original 6s. But that's only a minor inconvenience.
+1

Yup, the Rockwell is that good.

I've been using the Fatboy exclusively this month. I love this razor and it's perfect for me. I have no real desire to use any other razor but before Fatboy February, I was still using my Slim alongside the Fatboy. Of course they're essentially the same razor but the Fatboy just feels right in my hands. I'm more mindful of how much pressure I'm applying when I use it and it always gives me great shaves.

However I will probably go back to picking up the Slim every now and then after this month. If I have a razor, I hate to see it collect dust even if it's not my favorite anymore.

Well, for 25 years, a SuperSpeed was my go-to razor. It probably will remain so, but I'm going to keep a few different ones because of different blades.

Me too. My general rule with tools and gadgets is, don't just buy the cheapest, but buy a good quality, moderately priced model that's been a reliable, popular choice for many before me. That's my 34c. If that one doesn't work out (which is rare), then spring for the top of the line Rolls Royce (or Lamborghini). I can't do that with cars, but I could with razors, and I see a couple of good possible high-end choices. But the 34c has been great so far. I know nothing beats stainless steel for strength and durability, but the 34c doesn't look like it will break any time soon.

I have a lot of razors most of which are vintage Gillettes. I love the Gillette New OC and have used them for years. In the past month I bought a Timeless OC with the .68 gap. This is by far the smoothest, most efficient shaver I have ever come across. I will still occasionally pull out one of the old Gillettes when I am feeling nostalgic but it will be on the very rare occasion. My RAD is cured.
The Timeless is the only other razor that interests me since obtaining the Rockwell 6S. I could be happy with the 6S from now on. However if I get rid of most of my vintage collection, I'll need to spend that money on something and the Timeless might be it. If you have or had the Rockwell how does it compare?

If I had to choose, a 48-50 Aristocrat would be the only razor I would use.

I used a NEW LC daily for a while and then switch to a NEW SC for about 6 months.

I'm using a couple of different at the moment.

I have "several" DE razors, mostly vintage Gillettes, but also an EJ87 and a Merkur 23C and 34C. Oh, and a vintage Star (similar to a 30s Gillette Tech). Lately I've started a monthly rotation. Pick a razor and use it for a month, pick another razor for the next month, and so on. Works for me.

Top Bottom