What's new

Stone Cottage sample pack

Have you tried any of these creams?
Truefit & Hill Trafalgar (I just ordered thier new scent Apsley)
C&E's Moroccan Myrrh
St James Of London Sandalwood & Bergamot
Body Shop's Maca Root (bland kind of scent)

All great performers!

No I haven't, I have only been using creams regularly for about a month. I have tried about 10 different creams and ordered the Stone Cottage due to the high recommendations in this forum. You know how it is, the more creams you read about the more you want. :001_smile
Have you tried any of these creams?
Truefit & Hill Trafalgar (I just ordered thier new scent Apsley)
C&E's Moroccan Myrrh
St James Of London Sandalwood & Bergamot
Body Shop's Maca Root (bland kind of scent)

All great performers!

I just checked the Frankincense Fog and it is not runny at all.
I want to clarify what I meant by runny. I meant less consistency than others but not watery. I am judging from a sample container. I'm sure a normal container would be fine for brush loading. I already know they work great for face lathering.

I don't want to give the wrong impression.

No I haven't, I have only been using creams regularly for about a month. I have tried about 10 different creams and ordered the Stone Cottage due to the high recommendations in this forum. You know how it is, the more creams you read about the more you want. :001_smile
I use more creams than soaps. Of the soaps I do use my favs are Captain's Choice, B&M Latha, Mickey Lee. They all seem to lather with ease because they are softer soaps. Now trying some Stirling samples and they take some work to get a rich lather. I also have some Mamma Bears and sudsey soapery, but they are the "seasonal" scents for Fall, Halloween, and Christmas.
Sorry, I guess I'm just a cream "buff"
Mikey

So after reading your reviews on this thread I figured I had to give Stone Cottage a try. Boy I'm not regretting it one bit! I just received my samples today and I wanted to go with something I hadn't seen you review yet (bold strategy I know it it panned out well I think). So today I tried the lavender scent. I must say it made for a very nice shave! The smell was subtle yet noticeable. I definitely recommend it! It has lived up to the hype you have given it for sure! Not sure if you have this scent or not, but if you do I don't want to take away from your thread. Just wanted to say thanks for showing me this great brand!

:001_tongu[/QUOTE]

So after reading your reviews on this thread I figured I had to give Stone Cottage a try. Boy I'm not regretting it one bit! I just received my samples today and I wanted to go with something I hadn't seen you review yet (bold strategy I know it it panned out well I think). So today I tried the lavender scent. I must say it made for a very nice shave! The smell was subtle yet noticeable. I definitely recommend it! It has lived up to the hype you have given it for sure! Not sure if you have this scent or not, but if you do I don't want to take away from your thread. Just wanted to say thanks for showing me this great brand!

That's one I didn't get so tell us all about it, besides this thread is for everyones opinions not just mine.
I went ahead and ordered another 5 samples. Just the samples will probably last me more than a month.

Well, I liked the lavender a lot. The scent was true and wasn't overbearing which I like. It provided a nice glide and the post shave feel was nice as well! The other 4 scents I have is Suade De Kashmir, Vanilla and Vetiver, coconut Holiday, and Cedre Noir. I'm excited to try them all and I'd be more than happy to review them here as well! This is definitely a nice little shop tucked away in New Jersey. Without this thread I would have never known about them so thank you @matwho !!

So, Stone Cottage is in NJ, eh! Being an ex-Jersy boy and the reviews, I'll just have to get some samples. One of them will be the Lavandar, for sure. I'll bet the samples are great for travel, as well:a14:

Looking forward to trying these: Here's what I ordered for $11 (inc shipping).

First Scent: Cedre Noire
Second Scent: Spiced Myrrh
Third Scent: Suède de Kashmir
Fourth Scent: Coconut Holiday
Fifth Scent: Hespéride

So, Stone Cottage is in NJ, eh! Being an ex-Jersy boy and the reviews, I'll just have to get some samples. One of them will be the Lavandar, for sure. I'll bet the samples are great for travel, as well:a14:

I think they would be perfect for travel! I think one of the samples could maybe last 4-6 shaves? Just a guess of course but with how much that's in there and the little amount needed I would say at least 4 shaves out of one little tub.

I think they would be perfect for travel! I think one of the samples could maybe last 4-6 shaves? Just a guess of course but with how much that's in there and the little amount needed I would say at least 4 shaves out of one little tub.
I'm just did shave number 4 out of the Vanilla and Veviter this morning and it's about half way gone. Very generous samples.

I purchased some samples also. The vanilla vetiver was great and 2nd only to the bay lime, I really liked those 2. The spiced myrrh made my face break out, but all of them performed very well. It is a quality product imo.

Well, I'm sold, too! I just ordered this:

Shaving Cream Sample Pack
First Scent: Lavender
Second Scent: Coconut Holiday
Third Scent: Frankincense Fog
Fourth Scent: Vanilla and Vetiver
Fifth Scent: Hespéride

We are visiting family & friends when we head back to NJ this June for a visit. Will definitely head up to The Stone Cottage. A nice country, scenic ride to boot. Rt519 heads up to the northwest portion of the state, very scenic, lazy country road. Always took my Harley up that way. Oh, for those in or from NJ, can't forget the Italian hot dog and REAL bagels:001_tt2:
Mikey

Mikey, I grew up with great Jersey bagels and believe me they're hard to come by in Japan! Enjoy the ride, the dog, and the bagel. And of course the creams.

Top Bottom