What's new

Sliding Down the Razor Blade of Life with Smattayu

Nice shave Eric...I missed that SC release, but will be keeping an eye out for it!

Thanks Josh!

Excellent reads the last two shaves, Eric. Today's photo was awesome!

Re: campfire smoke - then you should try Eufros vetiver, or Stirling Haitian Vetiver - oy!....And I so want to like Soap Commander, but with the water at my house, it just doesn't reach "elite" status for me. But when I take it on the road where there's harder water, it delivers the goods!

And FWIW, 150 laps on your Ark doesn't seem like enough; take that razor back to the Ark for another 200 laps to see what happens. The Kropp that I finished on your Ark got about 400 laps!

Thanks Chris! That will be two soaps I need to order from Eufros lol. I know I should have kept going on the Ark, but I got lazy. :001_rolle

Some how I missed your post today. Very nice read. And SC refreshment is a great scent and soap. I think @cmh737 is right that SC seems to favor harder water. I do believe though that when you get the water ratio down it is tier 1 soap. Hope you had a good today

Straight razor shave #209

Pre-shave: Ach Brito glyce lime
Brush: Wolf Whiskers 24mm Envy White
Razor: Hayashi Diamond 1300
Soap: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac
EDC: Tabac

A new director took over at our center on the first of the year. I've worked with him before and he's a great guy with a lot of ideas on improving the program. A lot of those ideas have been implemented, and they are working out very nicely, but it is also pretty exhausting making the changes stick, and we're currently at capacity which ramps up everyone's stress levels and brings out the best in some and the not-so-best in others. The last few days have been particularly stressful, and it's been tough to get a shave in, but those are also the days that the relaxing time to myself is most desperately needed so I've managed to fit it in.

I didn't manage to get today's shave in until mid afternoon, and boy did I need it by then! Not that there was a lot more stubble or anything, but the soothing nature of the traditional wet shave was exactly what I needed to decompress. Tabac is one of those scents that just puts me into a laid back state, and I gleefully overloaded the brush in hopes of filling as much of the air around me as I could with it's fragrance. The lather was perfect, the Hayashi was in top form, and every stroke of the blade across my skin put me that much deeper into a state of just being in the moment. I did manage a little bite under my left jawline, but aside from that minor incident the shave was wonderful, and a lovely BBS was waiting for me at the end of it. No irritation and no burn at the application of the Tabac AS or EDC, and I walked out of the shave den a different man.

I still think it's funny how many of my friends and family think I'm innocuously crazy for participating in the traditional wet shaving community and getting such enjoyment from something that they consider a chore, but days like this make me even more grateful that it, and you all, are part of my daily life. Thanks to all of you for being you, and for sharing this journey with your own posts and journals.

proxy.php

Thanks for reading all, and have a great night!

Well Eric, I have said before that on many days, the best part of the day is my shave. I have also said that I don't know if this says more about the quality of my shaves, or the lack of it in other aspects of my life:confused1. Either way I too am glad to have this daily respite.

Wonderful write up Eric, and I have to agree with you on your sentiments at the end of your post. As a matter of fact, I was just telling my wife the other day that the shave is the only thing, outside of talking to them, that I look forward to daily.

Great write up, Eric! (I know what you mean).

And that photo is fantastic! Your best thus far, IMHO. Talk about magazine worthy - yes!!

Great Read Eric! Towers of Tabac make a great photo. These are the things that keep me hovering around the page. It's more than the shave. Thats only the beer part of the party.

Tremendous Read Eric and the feeling is mutual. Loved the concept of the photo today very nice!!

Well Eric, I have said before that on many days, the best part of the day is my shave. I have also said that I don't know if this says more about the quality of my shaves, or the lack of it in other aspects of my life:confused1. Either way I too am glad to have this daily respite.

Wonderful write up Eric, and I have to agree with you on your sentiments at the end of your post. As a matter of fact, I was just telling my wife the other day that the shave is the only thing, outside of talking to them, that I look forward to daily.

Really like that photo! Hope things settle down for you at work, but regardless it sounds like things are getting better.

Great write up, Eric! (I know what you mean).

And that photo is fantastic! Your best thus far, IMHO. Talk about magazine worthy - yes!!

Great Read Eric! Towers of Tabac make a great photo. These are the things that keep me hovering around the page. It's more than the shave. Thats only the beer part of the party.

Beautiful stuff! We'll be right here next time you want to vent. :)

The feelings are mutual buddy!

Thanks guys! Another crazy day, but a better kind of crazy lol. Doing something a little different with today's SOTD.

Straight razor shave #210, a journal cadre PIF

Pre-shave: Ach Brito glyce lime
Brush: Black Walnut 24mm Tuxedo
Razor: CV Heljestrand MK31
Soap: ???
Aftershave:???
EDT: Mont Blanc Legend

Outstanding shave today guys! The weather was amazingly warm for this time of year, so I went with a soap that I particularly enjoy in the Spring/Summer weather, and this is where the PIF comes in. Whoever can guess what soap I used today will win this OR, if they don't want it for themselves, can choose who gets it:

proxy.php

It is my attempt at a Chubby 3 handle in Purple Heart. It's not quite finished yet, and still needs a couple coats of lacquer and a polish, but you get the idea of color and shape from the pic. I've never seen a real live Chubby 3 handle but it fits the dimensions I found online pretty well. It's drilled for a 28mm knot, and if you win and want to send me a knot to put in it for you I'm more than happy to do so.

I'm going to be working for a while yet, but will pop on here and there to see if there is any interest.

See you all in a bit!

I'm In, and I will give it away since I just got one. I will say B&M Latha Limon

I'm in, Stirling Glacial Obsidian. LOL, I have no idea if you have this soap.

Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica...I'm not sure if you have that one or not...great PIF idea Eric!!

Out of those three guesses Latha Limon is the only one I have, and I do love it, but it was not today's choice.

Everyone can take another guess tomorrow if no one gets it today, and I'll add a hint in the morning as well. Good luck!

I hope I can guess as many times. I wouldn't keep the brush though and PIF to the next person.

Let's go with Stirling Executive Man!

Top Bottom