What's new

My first fountain pen, the Ohto Dude

proxy.php

The pen is heavy, being made of brass. It feels great to write with, though. I am not really a fan of the included ink. I don't know what it is, but the color reminds me of pencil lead (too grayish). It dries extremely fast. I had a little bleed-through and shadowing, but the paper was just cheap 20# copy paper.

I'm not familiar with that brand. It looks like it came with a good quality converter, so the world is your oyster when it comes to ink selection. Congrats on your first pen!

Congratulations! The good news is you have a filler so you can pick any ink you like. I have always been a fan of the Parker Quink in black. It just seemed to flow right for me.

In my experience you write with a ball point and create with a fountain pen.

I'm not familiar with that brand. It looks like it came with a good quality converter, so the world is your oyster when it comes to ink selection. Congrats on your first pen!

I bought the converter with the pen from JetPens. It's a Pelikan C499 Fountain Pen Converter. The pen came with two of the mini-cartridges.

After more use, the ink is now black and flowing much better. I suspect the nib wasn't completely primed. In addition, I had washed it in soapy water, and maybe that had affected the ink. I'm really happy with this pen.

Top Bottom