What's new

Encre Noire Lalique

Which of Fine's Vetiver offerings do you like the best?

Between the Fresh and the Green, I can't say I really liked one over the other. They were both great offerings, picking just one would be really tough. Sorry if that doesn't help out. :lol:

I find it compliments B&M Hallows really well

Ditto.

I love Encre Noire. Only thing is - its a bit on the stronger side and can get on your nerves if you are not careful.

Another one in the same vein is Horof, an Arabian perfume.

Also do try the a l'extreme version. Some find it better than the stock Noire.

^ Ah, no-wouldn't be me. Vetiver is probably my favorite note and what lit me up on getting back into frags. So far haven't met a vetiver I didn't like. Haven't got to Encre Noir yet but it's on the list.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
When your list meets a coupon from FragNet, watch out ... I have a few coming!

Because I'm stuck with one soap (Willy 3017) for who knows how long ... no one said anything about one cologne.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
ENL arrives!

Unfortunately I'm fighting a chest infection; on an inhaler and other meds. Avoiding frags.

Yet I just had to try this stuff; quick spritz on one hand.

Impressively strong! Little goes a very long way (#22); takes my collection in another direction. Liking it.

Do have Vetiver essential oil, need to compare side by side. Not as grassy, I think; perhaps where the dark vibe comes in.

Yes, had to try and wash it off - and then it got better! ENL seems best as a faint presence.

Thumbs up.

AA

I like Encre Noire. I bought it as a cheaper alternative to L'Occitane's Vetyver (which is slightly more citrussy). EN is a very 'dark' frag so I don't wear it to the office. I can also recommend Malizia's Vetyver Uomo and Adolfo Dominguez Vetiver Hombre.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Here's an interesting fact about "black ink" or Encre Noire:
Iso E Super - Wikipedia

• The men's fragrance Encre Noire (Lalique, 2006) is 45% of the fragrance compound, Iso E Super.
  • Creed's Aventus (2010) contains 18% Iso E Super in its fragrance compound.
Not saying Aventus and EN smell alike; nowhere near. The Hatian Vetiver must be the other 55% in EN!

AA

Here's an interesting fact about "black ink" or Encre Noire:
Iso E Super - Wikipedia

• The men's fragrance Encre Noire (Lalique, 2006) is 45% of the fragrance compound, Iso E Super.
  • Creed's Aventus (2010) contains 18% Iso E Super in its fragrance compound.
Not saying Aventus and EN smell alike; nowhere near. The Hatian Vetiver must be the other 55% in EN!

AA

Thanks!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Basenotes and Fragrancia are great resources; I'm learning a lot.

Wearing the stuff today; it grows on you.

Finding good ones that are affordable is the challenge ... yet, they exist- this is one.

AA

Too sweet, prefer a smokier spicier like Creed Original Vetiver, Chanel Sycomore, and Diptyque vetyver.

I see. I always think I can smell mint in Geurlain. Maybe spearmint. Every once and a while maybe a gasoline odor. I like it though, as bad as that sounds.

I have never tried the Diptyque. Is that one really spicy?

I see. I always think I can smell mint in Geurlain. Maybe spearmint. Every once and a while maybe a gasoline odor. I like it though, as bad as that sounds.

I have never tried the Diptyque. Is that one really spicy?

No, very earthy and grassy with a hint of citrus if that make sense. Its a tad heavy so I only wear it in fall/winter.

I might have to duck here, but that pronounced ink accord completely ruined this vetiver fragrance for me. To be fair I received a sample when it was in the dead of winter and upon my dislike I put the sample away and thought maybe I would give it another shot in warmer weather. When summer rolled around I gave it another shot and found it to be a complete scrubber. Of course this is just my opinion, if you like it I hope you wear it and enjoy it in good health. Just a view from the cheap seats.

Well, I have a sample of this on the way. Will compare it to Geurlain Vetiver, which I just got as well and though I've only been wearing it for 2 days, I find it a lot lighter, brighter and soapier than I thought it would be. Not that I don't like it, but I'm interested in smelling the darker side of the spectrum.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I used vetiver essential oil (EO) to add strength to a weak vetiver aftershave ... and that EO is a grassy, lighter EO that makes the aftershave a nice companion to EN for vetiver days.

Each frequency scent of vetiver makes you appreciate the other. EN's is said to have that india ink opening; doesn't seem to bother me.

AA

Top Bottom