What's new

Show us your Japanese Natural Whetstones

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Will we be using the full size or thumbnail mostly now? I see it gives you the option.
That is a choice that's left up to the user, Tom. I like having the option. I think for single images I'll stick to full size, but thumbnails might be nice for pic heavy posts or threads.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Nice barber-size piece of razor kiita.

Cheers, Steve
DSCF2320.jpg

Steve56

It's softer and not as fine as the karasu but a nice balance. It's fast, the slurry darkens quickly. Probably with very thin slurry or clear water it will return a nice edge.

Cheers, Steve

image.jpeg
Starter set of JNATs are all in and ready for service. We have;
Okunomon White Suita
Shoubudani 100 (thanks @mainaman for the tip)
Asano Nagura 4 pc set
Nagura (I don't know what its from)

So excited my first jnat came today!

Okudo asagi

Came with a Koma (!) and another nagura to be used as tomo but not from the stone itself.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Great guy.... great deals indeed. Yours is superb!

Thank you I love the picture you took of yours really shows off the color. I was really happy they came with Tomo and a Koma!

We should compare notes- I don't know if you are new to jnat honing but I sure am and would love the company :)

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Thank you I love the picture you took of yours really shows off the color. I was really happy they came with Tomo and a Koma!

We should compare notes- I don't know if you are new to jnat honing but I sure am and would love the company :)
I know less than ZERO but I am reading and watching some YouTube on using these as stones to freshen up an edge. My Swedes are so hard they hold an edge with gentle Kanayama stropping so I figured these would be cool to use instead of my vintage SWATY and Bish, Mize, Silliman HDWE barber hones.

Steve56

Welcome to the jnat journey Mike. It's a lot of fun. If you have questions or need help, you know where to go.

Cheers, Steve

Looks like everyone's getting some nice looking stones. I think I'm hooked. I've been pulling some great edges off of my new stones. I find that now instead of searching for razors everyday, I'm searching for jnats. Uh, this is gonna be an expensive year.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Arrived today, a Narutaki Asagi from Keith at TomoNagura

Attachments

• DSC00640.JPG
    DSC00640.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 31
  • DSC00641.JPG
    DSC00641.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 29
  • DSC00642.JPG
    DSC00642.JPG