What's new

BOOKMATCHED Burl Scales PIF!

Some beautiful work there sir! Love the curl in those necks! I'm normally a sucker for a uniquely grained bare wood, but there is something about that white one that just grabs my attention. They are all stellar though! :thumbup:

scales.jpg
Hi Edwin
Alfredo in working on the Walnut Burl for my Ed Wusthuf.Here is a progress photo.

Regards Mike

I haven't forgotten about this, but today was the first chance I had to get to a workshop and spent the day working on my backsplash and a couple other things to finish up my kitchen. Sorry it's taking so long, but that's a downside to not having my own shop. I have most of the tools I'd need, but no place to set them up....

Ok, I finally got the storm door hung, backsplash is installed, and the temporary counter end has been replaced with the permanent one. Hopefully I will be able to get started on the razor now.

Finally got started today. It's not going to look anything like something Mark or Alfredo can do, but I'm butchering it the best I can... Here's a few in progress photos. I still have to put the finish on it and pin the blade in, but it's getting there.
On a side note, I hate pinning. My fingers don't work well enough to deal with those freaking tiny washers.....
Oh, Forgot to say, the wedge is a very light piece of cherry. Almost looks the color of maple. Will post more photos after I coat it.

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0028.JPG
    DSC_0028.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Just going to do a CA finish. I did that on the inside before I put it together and it looks great on that wood. Really makes the dark grain stand out.

Finally got started today. It's not going to look anything like something Mark or Alfredo can do, but I'm butchering it the best I can... Here's a few in progress photos. I still have to put the finish on it and pin the blade in, but it's getting there.
On a side note, I hate pinning. My fingers don't work well enough to deal with those freaking tiny washers.....
Oh, Forgot to say, the wedge is a very light piece of cherry. Almost looks the color of maple. Will post more photos after I coat it.

View attachment 763670

View attachment 763675

View attachment 763673
View attachment 763674

Looks great to me.

Top Bottom