Tacos v. Chili

• Tacos

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Chili

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I've always wanted to try ice fishing, but I'm afraid I'd get cold.

Are those wood stove chimneys I see coming out of the ice fishing houses?

That may make things more tolerable.
I grew up a yankee. I have only been on a frozen body of water twice- both for ice skating. Falling on your butt repeatedly took all the charm out of it :)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Oh yeah, Owen. I've been ice skating at ice rinks several years ago...that ice is hard.

Butt...(see what I did there with spelling?) I got good enough to kinda skate backwards. Although I did have some experience with roller skating as a kid. Ice skating is hard on your ankles.

I'd really like to go up north and do ice fishing, but I don't think it would beat sitting on a boat in the Caribbean trolling for marlin with cigar minnows, while drinking a nice Mexican beer. Then going for a shore break and getting some nice, fresh, fish empanadas or whatever they have cooking that day at the little beach shack. Then firing up a Cuban cigar from the only authentic Cuban cigar shop on the island. They try and sell fake Cubans to the tourists all the time on the plaza.

I love taco's, but they don't give me that feeling I can't describe when you are sitting at the table chowing down on a hot bowl of chilli on a cold day. Leave my official food alone!

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
And no Chris, there is no Taco cook-off that I've ever heard of. And yes...you can put anything in a Taco. It's called a sandwich.

Yes, tacos have a history in Texas, but the tortilla originated in Mexico...flour tortillas in northern Mexico and corn tortillas in southern Mexico.

It's a flat bread sandwich.

Yes, I think tacos are as invested in Texas history as Chili. This used to be Mexico at one point. I can't imagine a Texan giving up either

...and nor should they have to give up one for the other. There is room for both, maybe a list of Official Foods of Texas is in order.
A lot of our short food history is enherited from other countries.

If there must be one, I would say its chilli. So that is my vote.
I also note that the taco recomendation has be raised by someone with a vested interest in its promotion.

I grew up a yankee. I have only been on a frozen body of water twice- both for ice skating. Falling on your butt repeatedly took all the charm out of it :)

Ice skating and falling then sliding across a sheet of ice is far more forgiving then falling rollerblading and skidding across the asphalt wearing shorts and a t-shirt, i've got the scars.

Skated for an hour this morning, then another hour Friday morning and then a hockey game Friday night. Monday another hour and so on all winter...

dave

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Ice skating and falling then sliding across a sheet of ice is far more forgiving then falling rollerblading and skidding across the asphalt wearing shorts and a t-shirt, i've got the scars.
dave

You got that right, buddy...says the big, bad motorcycle rider.

One time I went in to get bandaged up after getting some severe road rash. I went back in to get the tape removed and this is what happened:

Doctor: "How is our big, brave motorcycle rider today?"

Me: "Not real great."

Doctor: "Well, let's get that tape off and see what we got."

RRRRIIIIIPPPP.

Me: "AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!"

Doctor: "Nurse, I thought I told you to shave this man before you taped him up."

^ Ow, ow, ow! Mike, I doubt you want to do that more then once. Picking out road grit with a pair of tweezers is bad enough. Need a bowl of chili to take the mind off the task at hand.

dave

Top Bottom