What's new

OK I think I'm hooked

I've been on the fence for several months, but an e-mail from my brother finally broke my inertial state. He told me he'd tried a safety razor and made the switch from cartridge razors. Turns out, that was a couple of years ago.

So I bought a razor and a trial pack of blades to start. I just kept using my trusty shave gel, face lathering at first. A week later I placed an order for a brush, bowl, stand, cream sampler, and after shave. A few weeks later, earlier this week, I placed another order for some different blades to try, a different after shave, and an open comb razor head to try a more aggressive shave.

Sound familiar?

Sounds very familiar! Beware acquiring vintage razors, that can become a very addicting hobby as well.

Welcome to B&B, looks like you'll fit right in!

Sound familiar?
Why . . . er . . . no. Whatever do you mean? This is the first I've heard of anything like that.
Darn that brother of yours. :whistling:

Um - you forgot to order some hard soaps. You know, just to compare to the creams.
And maybe an alum stick.

Thanks, Hoke Hey.

John Rose: actually, the cream sampler I ordered came with a sample of a croap. I didn't like it: too hard to create a lather at this time. Now, the bowl I ordered did come with a full cake of soap, so I'll try that in a week or two after I've finished sampling the creams I have. I'm sure I need to let a soap soak and soften longer than I did when I tried the croap. So far I haven't needed alum. As advertised, a single blade, held at the correct angle seems almost incapable of nicking or scraping my face. I've given myself less than a nick-a-week during that last month. The nicks I have gotten were weepers.

"To the dark side you are welcome...
Enable your addiction we can..." - Yoda

Welcome to B&B make sure you check out the Lurkers PIF for new members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should get a puck of Williams Mug Soap...you could spend hours trying to perfect your lather technique! The upside is, once you can do it, the others should seem pretty quick/easy to lather.

I'm sure I need to let a soap soak and soften longer than I did when I tried the croap.
The vast majority of soaps don't need to soak. Just take the damp brush to it and load away! If it's a thirsty soap you might need to add a little water before you finish loading.

I've been on the fence for several months, but an e-mail from my brother finally broke my inertial state. He told me he'd tried a safety razor and made the switch from cartridge razors. Turns out, that was a couple of years ago.

So I bought a razor and a trial pack of blades to start. I just kept using my trusty shave gel, face lathering at first. A week later I placed an order for a brush, bowl, stand, cream sampler, and after shave. A few weeks later, earlier this week, I placed another order for some different blades to try, a different after shave, and an open comb razor head to try a more aggressive shave.

Sound familiar?
WHAT!!?? Never heard of this..... What are you talking about?? :whistling:
Welcome aboard amigo.....

Top Bottom