What's new

Academy Awards: Best Shave Review YouTube

I enjoy Joe From Queens' (briarwood138 on YouTube) shaving videos. His visit to Pastuer's Pharmacy in NYC is a classic.

That video was a gas. Joe comes across as just a regular guy from Queens, someone you could easily sit down and have a beer with while watching a ball game.

I watched a few shaving videos when I first started, but they get old pretty quick. There's only so long I can watch another guy shave. And while it's weird that most of them leave their shirt on during the shave, I guess that beats the alternative. :w00t:

I enjoy Nick Shaves the most, close second is PaulHFilms, the latter really really enjoys his shaves and that translates through his videos.
I also give props to TSE for a lot of honest words regarding wet shaving.

I like PaulHFilms as well as TSE. Paul H visiting the london shops is a classic. TSE rant about soap is great too.

I'd have to give the number 1 spot to geofatboy. I like the way he structure all of his videos so that they can be watched by beginners, but won't bore people who aren't beginners either. Funny guy too.

Paul H and Nickshaves tie for number 2.

I'm actually a big Wesley Allen aka "redbeard" fan. His shaves are nice background viewing while I'm doing something else with a proper balance of product reviews, shave tips, interesting conversation.

Those are the only people I regularly recommend to new shavers looking for tips.

It's crazy to see the YouTube shaver explosion that's happened it the past year. Most people are nice guys pumping out nice content. There are some that are a bit too abrasive for me. I have no problem with profanity, but I don't need 15 f-bombs and homophobic slurs before the first minute of the video.

I never got into TSE. The sense of underlying negativity makes me feel uncomfortable and not relaxed. I recently had his "bloomgate" video come up on auto play and yikes. Especially the comments on it. It's embarrassing to see such hostility from grown men based around their facial hair removal preferences. Also, idk where he decided to start telling people that synthetic brushes don't shed. I own synthetic brushes from almost every artisan and company imaginable and they've each lost at least 5-10 fibers in the first couple shaves.

My top rated:
Geofatboy (for reviews)

Nickshaves (for reviews)

PaulHFilms (for entertainment)

Kevy shaves (for reviews and entertainment)

So sharp David (for reviews)

Least preferred:
Anthony Esposito
Stay Smooth Shaving
TSE

PaulHfilms: Top spot for relaxing, informative and 100% consistent shaves. I never miss a midweek or weekend shave.
Other channels I watch are...
iLather (formerly TSE): Christopher has been blasting away lately with tons of quality content.
KevyShaves: Nice pleasant Scottish shaver. Very consistent content with plenty of humor and feedback.
KenSurfs: SoCal shaver with good humor and plenty of content.
SoSharpDavid: Great spicy content, but the straight razor shaves aren't my bag (at this time).
NickShaves and ShaveBusta have drifted pretty far down the list for lack of consistency lately.
Their shaves are entertaining and informative, but too few and far between. I don't know what's going on in their lives, but content consistency rules.
There are others I watch, but not with the same regularity as those posted above.

Bill Phillips is one that could move up if he'd develop his channel and content a little more.

Last edited by a moderator:
After Chris from iLather mentioned he named one of his brushes "Melania", I tuned-out for good. He and a couple others have become very self-absorbed. At least guys like Nick, Kevy, Pual H and Busta keep the commentary to shaving-only.

I noticed Nick doesn't post alot either. He's studying to be an Orthopedic Surgeon, so I'm sure that takes up more and more of his time.

True, I'm sure he's a busy guy. That beard he was growing recently didn't help either.. lol.

He seems like a great guy... and it's nice to have a younger point of view too. I always enjoy his videos!

Top Bottom