What's new

Gillette Toggle for $11,500!?! Ha ha ha.

He's had this listed for a long time at $1500.00 .Were did the $11,500.00 price come from? I see lots of snide remarks being made about the high price . Appairently without double checking facts. yes it is a high price and he seems proud of his razor ,but there have been others that have sold for higher amounts. I'm sure that eventually he will get his price.

He's had this listed for a long time at $1500.00 .Were did the $11,500.00 price come from? I see lots of snide remarks being made about the high price . Appairently without double checking facts. yes it is a high price and he seems proud of his razor ,but there have been others that have sold for higher amounts. I'm sure that eventually he will get his price.

Uh... Huh?

He's now back down to $1,500. But that's still insane. As are all the $200 Fatboys and $100 Slims. And I regularly see Tuckaways and Bostonians going for over $100. I've never paid more than $35 for a vintage razor. As for the $1,500 toggle, I'll tweak him a bit and make an offer accompanied by a message. If he gets nasty, well two can play that game. I think I'll offer $1.50. All in good fun. Too bad if he can't take a joke.

I think most people are definitely skipping the link and assuming the value do to the thread title:
Gillette Toggle for $11,500!?! Ha ha ha.

The seller has, after I titled this thread, lowered the price from $11,500 to $1,500. But still - it is a $400 or $500 razor. Even $1500 is outlandish. It will sit there forever at that price. But, it was really funny when he was asking $11,500!

The seller has, after I titled this thread, lowered the price from $11,500 to $1,500. But still - it is a $400 or $500 razor. Even $1500 is outlandish. It will sit there forever at that price. But, it was really funny when he was asking $11,500!
Ah, that's still insane either way. I absolutely agree.

A few days ago this went for $360.00.

proxy.php

SAVE $10,000.00 for a limited time.

You viewed this at $11,500.00. It was just discounted to $1,500.00.

Just got the above email from eBay! Sure... I'm going to jump right on this one.

Mint? Sure he probably breathed on it, touched it and , God forbid, put his DNA all over it. Gross if you think about it. Autoclave the darn thing...
I forgot to mention one day when he pulled it out to show me he dropped it on a tile floor and dented the handle. what I could only assume is the underside of the razor in the picture. I have no hard feelings for Jr though. I bought a bridge from him last year. he gave me a reasonable price. I only had an issue because he wouldn't insure the shipping. I'm not bothered that it hasn't been delivered yet.

It's not about the shipping. 10 divided by 11.5=0.869; therefore, $10,000 off an $11,500 razor is 86.9% off.
Interesting! More intuitively the calculation calculation is ($11500 - $1500)/$11500 = .8696 which rounds to .87 not .869. In any case, starting price less ending price divided by starting price is how I think of it. You shouldn't truncate the .0006 is my thinking. I mean if we are going to get technical. My SOB math teachers wouldn't have even given partial credit either. Your rounding error is unforgivable! Ha...

Last edited:
Top Bottom