What's new

Myfitnesspal Success Stories?

Has anyone else had luck utilizing this app?

I started using it 2.5 years ago and went from 197 to 147-ish along with excercise.

I link my Garmin Vivofit (Connect) and have a really awesome thing going. Anyone else?

I have gone through two phases of success with MyFitnessPal. Each time I was able to really start eating better and became much more aware of what I was eating. During these stretches I was also very active and was able to pack on 15-20 lbs. of muscle. These periods lasted about six months before I relapsed into inactivity, but I definitely think MyFitnessPal is a valuable asset for anyone looking to get healthy!

I have gone through two phases of success with MyFitnessPal. Each time I was able to really start eating better and became much more aware of what I was eating. During these stretches I was also very active and was able to pack on 15-20 lbs. of muscle. These periods lasted about six months before I relapsed into inactivity, but I definitely think MyFitnessPal is a valuable asset for anyone looking to get healthy!

Similar story here ... in the past, when I've used it, I've had great success. It makes you very aware of what you're shoving in your piehole. In the past year and a half, I've gotten very sedentary, due in part to a job with a one hour commute one way ... so my daylight hours were limited, plus the cycling infrastructure where I lived was terrible.

Restarted yesterday with MFP and with my indoor bike trainer until Spring arrives ...

The nice thing about MFP is you don't have to deny yourself things. If you are just mindful of portion sizes, and what you're eating when you're eating mindlessly, it helps a great deal.

I also just discovered there's forums on there that might possibly be helpful on fitness journeys. At the very least they could be a great source or inspiration.

The nice thing about MFP is you don't have to deny yourself things. If you are just mindful of portion sizes, and what you're eating when you're eating mindlessly, it helps a great deal.

I am just now figuring it out as well, but the macro and nutrition tracker does appear to be the best part of the app. Really informative.

Agreed! Even the free version of the app provides a great knowledge base. Maybe too much knowledge... the nutrition tracker was a real eye-opener for me!

I also just discovered there's forums on there that might possibly be helpful on fitness journeys. At the very least they could be a great source or inspiration.

I haven't frequented the MyFitnessPal community, but I am linked with family and friends on there. A few of them were very successful in their fitness goals when they were in-sync with friends and family on the app.

I just noticed the community yesterday. It's kind of all over the place, but there are a few threads with some good information.

I have had the app for 2 years now. In order to nudge me along, I finally purchased the upgrade (50 for the year, hey I'm worth it) as it has just sat unused on my phone. I have been logging for about 1.5 weeks now.
so far so good. I'm thinking I may not weight myself until my docs appointment on April 11, which of course is much of the reason for this as he gave me an ultimatum of lower my blood pressure myself or he will do it with pills. Realistically I have about 150 pounds to lose ( gosh typing that hurts) but my bp is only borderline right now so I know even a 25 pound loss by dr day will bring it down.

I'm glad to see others here who have used it and had success.

Top Bottom