What's new

Straight pour of bourbon, neat, what is your go to pick

Side note: This is the time of the year to be in SW FL, anywhere from Sarasota to Naples!

Finished work and went to a restaurant on the Caloosahatchee, two blocks away. Great way to start the weekend! Going to finish it with a half marathon in Naples Sunday. Should be a spectacular weekend!

At Total Wines, they didn't put it on the shelf. My buddy wanted a bottle, so I went back the next day. I searched the shelves but could not find it. I asked the guy about them having Blanton's. I told him their website shows it in stock, which it did. He told me to see customer service and they would get it for me. They had the bottles locked up and out of site. She kindly retrieved one for me.
I will call them before the trek to Ft. Mill. Hope I can finally get a bottle.
I did finally crack the seal in that Four Roses, I think I have found a new go to, still like Knob Creek though.

I'm surprised how much I see Woodford Reserve and Makers Mark mentioned here.

I've been buying and drinking loads of bourbon for a good number of years now and would probably put both these two at the bottom of my list of favourites if they were on a list at all. Woodford Reserve is rather ordinary to me and Makers Mark quite rough around the edges. Though admittedly the 46 bottling is a big improvement on the regular.

These two are easily available in UK supermarkets. As such I tried these both early on in my bourbon journey. I thought they were good, but after trying many other bourbons since my opinion of them changed quite quickly. I also find them both overly commercial in a similar way to Jack Daniels whisky.

Each to their own though.

I've been buying and drinking loads of bourbon for a good number of years now and would probably put both these two at the bottom of my list of favourites if they were on a list at all. Woodford Reserve is rather ordinary to me and Makers Mark quite rough around the edges. Though admittedly the 46 bottling is a big improvement on the regular.

These two are easily available in UK supermarkets. As such I tried these both early on in my bourbon journey. I thought they were good, but after trying many other bourbons since my opinion of them changed quite quickly. I also find them both overly commercial in a similar way to Jack Daniels whisky.

I pick Beam or Elijah Craig over them any day.

So, what floats your boat?

So, what floats your boat?

Personally I love Blanton's, particularly the Gold. Rock Hill Farms, Four Roses single barrel..
I have lots of favourites though but sadly a few are hard to get hold of now or just not available anymore.
I used to regularly have Elmer T Lee to hand but I can't get it now. I'm also fond of my Straight Rye's too.

I picked up my first bottle of Elijah Craig, very, very nice. I'd put it in the same caliber as 4 Roses Small Batch.

For the weekend, and to welcome VIP's in town, broke open the Elmer Lee! Super smooth!

proxy.php

Angel's Envy. Also Gentleman Jack.

I worked for Brown-Forman for 6 years. They own Jack Daniel's but a true BF employee won't touch a drop of JD. They only drink Old Forester, because that's what the company was founded on. Always thought that odd as JD is what makes that company go.

Top Bottom