What's new

New handles with knot transplants

I had two brushes whose handle I made and didn't care for all that much after making, so I decided to make new handle to transplant the knots into them.
The blue and cream has a 24mm Vigshaving Finest Banded Badger and the other has a 22mm TGN Finest Banded Badger.
tmp_10486-20170221_065012-62696150.jpg
tmp_10486-20170221_065435-2099534147.jpg
tmp_10486-20170221_065353-1294365838.jpg

Your blank making is top notch. That black beehive bottom has a perfect delineation from the colors. I've tried pours like that and even the slightest amount off level shows. Yours is perfect.

I had two brushes whose handle I made and didn't care for all that much after making, so I decided to make new handle to transplant the knots into them.
The blue and cream has a 24mm Vigshaving Finest Banded Badger and the other has a 22mm TGN Finest Banded Badger.
View attachment 763309 View attachment 763310 View attachment 763311

The swirling fire on top erupting banded badger with a smoldering black base...that is stunning!!! I dub thee St. Helens.

You have got to stop torturing us Dave.

Very nice, Dave. I particularly like the handle on the brush on the right.
Thank you!
The swirling fire on top erupting banded badger with a smoldering black base...that is stunning!!! I dub thee St. Helens.

You have got to stop torturing us Dave.
Thank you, that's very poetic and very catchy!
It will now from this moment on be known as St. Helen's!

Also, I'll give everyone a reprieve for a little bit, for I've run out of knots to make myself more brushes for now!
But not for long because SWMBO, the love of my life, is already asking for another brush!

Last edited:
I can see it now...a whole new brush lineup:

Mt. Hood, Batchelor, Jefferson, Three Fingered Jack, The Three Sisters...oh the possibilities.

As always, very nice work. St. Helen's is beautiful. You seem to have an eye or a knack for creating something just a little different from other brush makers. I see tons of brushes on Etsy, but most are just missing that extra "something" that sets them apart. You always seem to find that extra bit of inspiration that make yours unique.

As always, very nice work. St. Helen's is beautiful. You seem to have an eye or a knack for creating something just a little different from other brush makers. I see tons of brushes on Etsy, but most are just missing that extra "something" that sets them apart. You always seem to find that extra bit of inspiration that make yours unique.
Thank you very much!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Dave ,Dave , Dave, What can I say That has not been said !
I was looking at The colors in the swirl and absolutely Beautiful .

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Hey Dave do you have any pictures of the very first brush you ever made ?
I would like to see Jay's also

Top Bottom