What's new

Do they make quasi (pavement + off-road) mountain bike tires?

I am dusting off my old mountain bike and plan to tune it up.

I am am moving to the Greenville, SC area so there are plenty of urban and off-road trails.

Currently my bike has standard thick terrain type tires but I was hoping I could buy some new ones to adapt to my surroundings.

Do you have to make a decision as to one type of riding or is there a compromise for both pavement and mountain trails?

Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Take care,
Jason

Hey Jason! If you're still looking Kenda Small block 8 is a great tire that kinda fits what you're looking for. Otherwise any mild/XC tread tire should work great

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

I went to a less aggressive MTB tire after the originals wore out. Just didn't need them here in FL. I think I went with a Nashbar version. Having said that, the MTB stays on the trail since I got a road bike.

Thanks for the responses. They are very timely since I am moving this weekend. I am looking forward to riding again.

I got a set of Kenda Kross Plus Slick XC for my bike after getting back into the saddle. They feel good on pavement with their smooth centers but have enough of a knobby tread on their edges that I don't get nervous cornering or riding on gravel trails

Top Bottom