What's new

March 2017 Theme Shaves

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I may have to change up my selection for week 1 because I will be traveling and will need a more portable soap. Does PAA count as an artisan worthy of the week 1 showcase? If so, I have a really nice stick of PAA Club Guy soap I like to use when out on the road.

I may have to change up my selection for week 1 because I will be traveling and will need a more portable soap. Does PAA count as an artisan worthy of the week 1 showcase? If so, I have a really nice stick of PAA Club Guy soap I like to use when out on the road.

I would classify them as an artisan.

I haven't done one of these before, but I might play along.
Artisan Showcase - I think I'll try to dial in my Chiseled Face "Trade." To me, this mild scent really does smell like an ocean breeze, though my few lathers so far have run the full range between terrible and incredible.
British - Somehow, I don't have any british soaps, so I will probably do a barbershop theme instead. Seems related, right? I've got a sample of Stirling and a full puck of Honeybee, which I will probably test-drive tomorrow.
One Soap - I'm thinking either Arko or PdP. I like PdP more, but if I use up the Arko I can add something new to rotation. Decisions, decisions. . .
Italian - Proraso and SV felce aromatica.
Spring - I'm running out of options!:crying: Looks like PdP and SV will be making repeat performances. What a shame! :biggrin1:

I haven't done one of these before, but I might play along.
Artisan Showcase - I think I'll try to dial in my Chiseled Face "Trade." To me, this mild scent really does smell like an ocean breeze, though my few lathers so far have run the full range between terrible and incredible.
British - Somehow, I don't have any british soaps, so I will probably do a barbershop theme instead. Seems related, right? I've got a sample of Stirling and a full puck of Honeybee, which I will probably test-drive tomorrow.
One Soap - I'm thinking either Arko or PdP. I like PdP more, but if I use up the Arko I can add something new to rotation. Decisions, decisions. . .
Italian - Proraso and SV felce aromatica.
Spring - I'm running out of options!:crying: Looks like PdP and SV will be making repeat performances. What a shame! :biggrin1:
Welcome to the fun. It looks like a good line up to me

I'm not in - but is anyone doing the SIM March which was once discussed? Maybe it has its own thread? I haven't been on much lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wednesday the fun starts. For the first theme of showcase an artisan, I am going to showcase Soap Commander, trying to pick which scents I am going to use.

Wednesday the fun starts. For the first theme of showcase an artisan, I am going to showcase Soap Commander, trying to pick which scents I am going to use.

I originally thought by "artisan" you meant one. But some folks have mentioned a couple. I did the same.

So what's the rule? One artisan for the week or any artisan/multiple artisans?

I originally thought by "artisan" you meant one. But some folks have mentioned a couple. I did the same.

So what's the rule? One artisan for the week or any artisan/multiple artisans?

These themes are not a steadfast rule they are just there as a guideline and how you interpret it. For the first theme I am using one artisan Soap Commander and a different soap from them each day.

I will be in for at least one shave per theme.

It will give me an excuse to finally try out a local artisan soap I acquired back in December ;)

Artisan Week for me will most likely be mostly Barrister and Mann as an all time favorite, with a showing by Bain Amour, who I think should get a little more recognition.

I would love to join in guys, but I have another Williams face off coming up starting March 1. If this ends early, and it just might, I see if I can join in to finish the month.

I'm all in. I think I will go with a artisan that others like but I never have used thus far and that would be Caties Bubbles. I will use that for week one. I have two selections by this artisan on deck as I write. LPV old formula and FLORENTINE FERN new formula

BRITISH/DR HARRIS
ONE SOAP/TABAC
ITALIAN SOAP/TFS AND SV70th
SPRING/CRSW OLIVA HONEYWOOD AND LPL ROSE

Last edited:
I'm going to use Mystic Waters for my artisan choice. I have an unscented, coconut sandalwood, vanilla sandalwood, and orange vanilla. Funny thing is Chad and I were just talking in the other thread about not being a big fan of vanilla.... :a49:

These themes are not a steadfast rule they are just there as a guideline and how you interpret it. For the first theme I am using one artisan Soap Commander and a different soap from them each day.

Thanks for the explanation!!
I'm all set & ready to go.

Top Bottom