What's new

Best Straight Razor Shaving Video I've Seen...

In all the years of watching these shaving videos, this was the first where the guy starts under his nose vs. at a sideburn.

I always wondered how to use one of these scuttles.

The guy in the first video is a straight razor virtuoso!!! I needed to see this video!!! Thanks for posting this @seattleshaver I had been trying to figure out new angles to conquer my neck & this guy has given me much to practice!!!

The guy in the first video is a straight razor virtuoso!!! I needed to see this video!!! Thanks for posting this @seattleshaver I had been trying to figure out new angles to conquer my neck & this guy has given me much to practice!!!

Yeah, it's interesting to watch him. I'm not sure I can make all of those Dizzy Gillespie puffing lips moves work for me but I'll try. :)

Some people just have less angular faces than others.

@seattleshaver that is a good video for sure.

This is my current favorite:

The manliest straight razor shave I have ever seen

1st time linking on the new B&B. (Was never great at it before.). Hopefully one of the above work. It is a nice straight shaving video with decent background music initially linked by @Prof.Moriarty a while back. Otherwise can search for the above title and hopefully find it..

+1 to this video!! This video created the seed of interest in straight razor shaving. Thank god for it too.

@seattleshaver that is a good video for sure.

This is my current favorite:

1st time linking on the new B&B. (Was never great at it before.). Hopefully one of the above work. It is a nice straight shaving video with decent background music initially linked by @Prof.Moriarty a while back. Otherwise can search for the above title and hopefully find it..
Why's he drinking the VIBR?:lol:

Been at it for about two years and happy with my progression but I picked up a lot from this vid...both in confirmation that I evolved into doing some of what he is doing, on my own, but also picking up some great improvements. Thanks for presenting this!

Chris

Great vid. Thx for sharing it. Picked up some pointers and subscribed that sucker so I can go back for the pointers (bad memory).

Interesting no comments on location. 100% he is in Europe. We lived there couple years, my wife is Austrian. They tile their bathrooms from floor to ceiling, no kidding. If you see tiled walls....it is very likely in Europe somewhere. Oh just got far enough in to see he is in an upper floor level as well. There is no such thing as under-roof wasted space like in the U.S. - there was always a fully furnished floor or well appointed insulated storage attic space under the roof. Now I will keep watching for the actual shave!

Dang - he rocked it! Nice full grind on what looks like a 6/8. Love the sounds of the breeze and bird chirps coming through an open window, like music with the singing of the blade....they don't use A/C in Europe either! I am not kidding, in a home never. At a business sometimes....hope I get that good one day. Nice. Thanks for sharing!

As a total noob to SRs I watched the first 2 vids with interest. The first guy seems to favour his right hand only switching to the left hand for some X grain passes. Everything I read seems to point to learning to use the left hand. I bought a shavette to try to get into SR shaving and my first attempt........well, let's just say there was probably less blood in a halal abattoir! I've been forcing myself to try to use my left hand (practicing without a blade, lol!) and today had a reasonable, but very slow and tentative, shave. I'm determined to crack this as, after 30+ years with a beard (only ever shaving cheek and neck), I'm liking the clean shaved look but my DE doesn't quite shave as close as I'd like.

I just ordered a Boker 'Tree Brand' (the vendor hones them 'shave ready') and strop and can't wait to try it BUT, can someone please tell me the best way to learn to shave with an SR - dominant hand or learn to be ambidextrous?

Last edited:
Top Bottom