What's new

macdad's Shave Journal

Nothing at all wrong with a Gold Dollar, despite what some would have you believe. They can take a great edge.
It does a good job. It seems to hold an edge better too, now that I made some adjustments of my stropping technique.

Good Shaves!
Thank you, Craig!

Nothing wrong with a razor that you like. :thumbup1:
I know. It just sort of surprises me. I feel it is a combination of weight and blade size that I like the most.

Today's shave:

Razor: EA Berg Straight
Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Brush: WW Burnt Oak Whiskey
DE Blade: 7 O'Clock SS (1 full and 0 Partial)
Aftershave: Matching AS

It was a nice and leisurely 3 pass shave this morning. Much more comfortable than the last shave with the Berg. I ended up with a solid DFS shave and almost no burn when AS was applied. It was a great shave this morning.

I did struggle with the lather a little bit, if I were to be honest. I don't think I loaded enough soap on the brush. I will make sure there is enough next time! It was still slick enough to do the job, though!

My wife and twins were offered some free tickets to a Sidewalk Prophets concert today, so plans changed. I am hanging out at home with the youngest. She is playing Skyrim, and I am getting some quality time on the forums! :D I think I will take her to dinner soon.

Sound like a good day planned! Enjoy!
Yeah, we all had a good time. I think we are between moments of teenage craziness right now. The house is at peace and everyone seems pretty happy. I will count my blessings and enjoy it while it is here!

Today's shave:

Razor: Ohio Farmer Straight
Soap: Ghost Town Barber
DE Blade: 7 O'Clock SS (1 full and 0 Partial)

Great shave today. 3 passes and a solid DFS! I shaved a little before 6 this morning, and I can barely feel any stubble on my cheeks. That is a pretty close shave in my book!

It was a pretty good Monday. A busy day at work helped it pass quickly. There are plenty of opportunities, but I am up for the challenge. Back to the grind tomorrow.

Thanks Dave.
Very nice Fred. I used the GTB aftershave today as well. Love that juice and really need to get a full bottle.
I love the stuff. First whiff and I didn't like it. After the first lather and shave, I loved it. For me, the post shave feel of this soap and AS is better than almost everything else currently in my inventory.
Not much to look at, but the GD razor will shave once you get it sharp.
Agreed. It does a great job. I am tracking the shaves, so we shall see how long this latest hone job lasts before needing touched up.

Today's shave:

Razor: ATT M1 DE
Soap: Through the Fire Forged
DE Blade: 7 O'Clock SS (2 full and 0 Partial)
Aftershave: Thayer's Unscented WH

It was a nice 3 pass shave with the DE this morning. I needed to go into work early, but I didn't want to get up a lot earlier. The DE allowed me to keep my shave time down and stay on schedule ;)

As for the soap, I have had good results with it. Plenty slick and easy to lather. The smell reminds me of some Gillette shave gel that I used to use. I like it. A very nice clean and fresh smell.

Today's shave:

Razor: GD #2 Straight
Soap: Stirling Spice

It was a nice 3 pass shave this morning. It was a solid DFS.

It was not without incident or issue today, but nothing serious. I touched the razor to my face with too much angle and felt that telltale sting. It was a very shallow slice. Honestly, there was no blood, but I now have a nice line on my cheek about 3/8" long :)

I also had a little nick on my Adam's apple.

Nothing major, and the Stirling performed to my expectations. Very well!

Glad the incidents were not more severe!
Thanks Craig. It is always a good day when there is minimal bloodletting!

Lol I'm familiar with that line. I've gotten it more than once on the first touch under my sideburns.

Never caught that area, but you know what I mean! My daughter tested for her full adult black belt in karate last night, and I was able to spar her. She whooped on my pretty good! :D My wife thought the razor cut was from my daughter :D I played that one up for a bit.

Just a pic of my daughter and I from last night! She has worked so hard for the past 5-6 years. I am very proud of her!!
proxy.php

Today's shave:

Razor: GD #2 Straight
Soap: Fine Lavender

Great 3 pass shave today. I would rate the cheeks at a DFS+, almost BBS. My upper lip, chin and neck are all DFS.

Fine performed well, as always.

So, I have been agonizing over what to do. My wife gave me $25 of "honey money" for Valentine's Day. I have yet to spend the money. All I can think of is buying another soap or two. However, I already have more soap than I know what to do with. There isn't much that you can buy for $25 anymore... I am thinking about just saving it and putting it towards my razor fund. This is most likely what I will do.

Great shave and reads Fred, and congratulations to your daughter! Looking back(way, way back), it might have been worth several years of taking karate just to get on the mat with my dad and kick his butt...just once lol.

Top Bottom