What's new

What is your favorite Gillette NEW?

The one in first picture stays with my collection but I use this one in my weekly rotation:

View attachment 711270

This is a great introduction to anyone wanting to try a true vintage shave, between medium-aggressive for me, one of a kind...

Beautiful!
Your NEW LC is in exceptional shape. I wish I had one that looked as good as yours with a nice case to go with it.

That's just a NEW, nothing special...
The better NEWs state Canada on the base plate. :tongue_sm :lol:

Like this one?:laugh:

proxy.php

Sorry for the lousy pic... it's the only one close at hand...

This is my favorite NEW, too - a near-perfect balance of aggression and mildness. Over 80 years old, and the design is timeless.

(If only if it weren't for the soap scum that gunks it up every shave....)

Keeping this one clean between the teeth is a chore but well worth it...

People have spoken in recent years about Gillette DE's going down in price but it seems to me lately the New's are harder to get and more expensive than they were just a few years ago and yet Old style Open Comb are still quite cheap.

People have spoken in recent years about Gillette DE's going down in price but it seems to me lately the New's are harder to get and more expensive than they were just a few years ago and yet Old style Open Comb are still quite cheap.

When people speak about Gillette DE's going down in price they mean Fatboy (and sometimes Slim).
That is 99,999999999999999 % of the time.

This thread has NOTHING to do with the high demand for NEWs.:wink2::001_rolle:tongue_sm

R.JPG
R1.JPG
R2.JPG

Missing a blade case , the bakelite is a dark brown not as dark as my thin handle #77 RFB case, I think a 2 pc #77 brown should match.
Glenn

Top Bottom