What's new

Post the brush(es) on its way to your den.

30MM Tuxedo Knot from APShave Co. +
Series 82 (Barber) handle in Zebra from Shavemac.

Figured for my first attempt at building my own brush, why not go for it. Now once the parts get here.....

marty
That combination of black and white with the tuxedo knot will surely be a looker. Can't wait to see you post it once it's finished my good sir.

Here are the newest additions I have yet to post, now since they're all here I will post them all together. Blue shavemac was from @DEdestroyer (thanks again my good sir :001_cool:). The Prorasso Boar was a surprise gift from my wonderful wife (thanks hon, I love it). Custom shavemac directly from Germany, just in today.

Attachments

• IMG_4454.JPG
    IMG_4454.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
Here are the newest additions I have yet to post, now since they're all here I will post them all together. Blue shavemac was from @DEdestroyer (thanks again my good sir :001_cool:). The Prorasso Boar was a surprise gift from my wonderful wife (thanks hon, I love it). Custom shavemac directly from Germany, just in today.

Woo Hoo!! Beauties, all three, congrats! :thumbup1:

IMG_4464.JPG
Here's a brush I finally worked on today. I removed the knot from another brush I own and put it in this vintage Ever Ready since Ive had it lying around for a few months already and I must say I rather like the looks of it. The other handle I will be reknotting as soon as them badgers make their way to my post box.

View attachment 763205 Here's a brush I finally worked on today. I removed the knot from another brush I own and put it in this vintage Ever Ready since Ive had it lying around for a few months already and I must say I rather like the looks of it. The other handle I will be reknotting as soon as them badgers make their way to my post box.

Very nice...absolutely love that handle, and the knot looks great in it! :thumbup:

There's just something about using an old vintage brush that you re-knotted yourself. I think the people that used it in the past would appreciate the fact that it's been brought back to life. That looks great also. Nice job.

There's just something about using an old vintage brush that you re-knotted yourself. I think the people that used it in the past would appreciate the fact that it's been brought back to life. That looks great also. Nice job.
Thank you for the kind words, and you're absolutely right there is a certain satisfaction with breathing new life to old things. I love the way it came out and I'd sure like to think the previous owners would also.

I pulled out my Omega Midget w/ TGN Nylon 3 band knot this morning for a little action and I really love the brush, but if I had to do it over again I would set it in another 3-5mm deeper. I find that on the paint strokes it can fling a little lather if I'm not paying careful attention...
20170202_153859-1.jpg

IMG_4903.JPG
IMG_4897.JPG
This arrived on Saturday.

An absolute beauty of a brush.

Custom made by Cadman Brushes, in the U.K.

It's a 26mm TGN Grade A silvertip. Set at 50mm for backbone.

The handle is beautifully finished in a red carbon fibre effect, has a good weight to it and is extremely comfortable to hold.

This is my first experience with TGN knots, and I must say I am impressed it is dense and very soft on the face.

That Cadman Brush is absolutely gorgeous!

marty

Thank you, I don't think I can fault it at all.

I was going to use a design of my own, but saw this and decided it was better than my own, and I am so glad I did.

To top everything off, Mervyn Cadman is fantastic to work with, he kept me informed of his progress throughout and sent me images of the incomplete brush.

I am not sure how much badgers improve in the first few weeks of use (is there a break in period for badgers?), and I'm not sure if it can get better, but I'm as happy as Larry either way

I pulled out my Omega Midget w/ TGN Nylon 3 band knot this morning for a little action and I really love the brush, but if I had to do it over again I would set it in another 3-5mm deeper. I find that on the paint strokes it can fling a little lather if I'm not paying careful attention...
View attachment 763550
Half the fun of shaving is getting the lather all over the place! LOL the brush looks great.

Top Bottom