What's new

Just got a bottle of C&E's Moroccan Myrrh Cologne

I love the Moroccan Myrrh shave cream, especially the scent. Since I use the cream and the ASB, I decided to try the Moroccan Myrrh cologne (C&E does not have it in an AS). C&E just put it back on their on-line store. The scent is a soft myrrh scent (nutty, woody, with a latex undertone) that smells great, but does not over power. Cost is $50 for a 3.4oz spray bottle. Seems expensive, but it is a quality cologne that should last quite a while, since you don't need to spray on very much.
Heads up: I bought a 1/4 oz bottle from an auction site for $25 and it was not even close! This was before C&E had it back in stock. I threw it out. Lesson learned:a52:

Mikey

I love the Moroccan Myrrh shave cream, especially the scent. Since I use the cream and the ASB, I decided to try the Moroccan Myrrh cologne (C&E does not have it in an AS). C&E just put it back on their on-line store. The scent is a soft myrrh scent (nutty, woody, with a latex undertone) that smells great, but does not over power. Cost is $50 for a 3.4oz spray bottle. Seems expensive, but it is a quality cologne that should last quite a while, since you don't need to spray on very much.
Heads up: I bought a 1/4 oz bottle from an auction site for $25 and it was not even close! This was before C&E had it back in stock. I threw it out. Lesson learned:a52:

Mikey

I'll have to give this one a try, Mikey. I'm an Incense fan, and enjoy Myrrh based fragrances. In fact, one that just moved into my favorites list is Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser, which mixes myrrh with vanilla, guaicwood, benzoin, bergamot and oak barrels. Czech and Speake Is one of the better niche houses, and $50 doesn't seem bad at all for one of their offerings.

I'll have to give this one a try, Mikey. I'm an Incense fan, and enjoy Myrrh based fragrances. In fact, one that just moved into my favorites list is Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser, which mixes myrrh with vanilla, guaicwood, benzoin, bergamot and oak barrels. Czech and Speake Is one of the better niche houses, and $50 doesn't seem bad at all for one of their offerings.
If you love incense and don't care about the cost, try Armani Prieve Bois d'Encens. It will cost you $270 but there is none better. Only a mere 5 ingredients are used. I have a bottle, use it sparingly, and the scents lasts for hours..and hours. Best for evening wear. Less expensive ($90-$100) but really great are theComme des Garcons Series 3 incense colognes.
There are 5 versions of these colognes based the five main spiritual teachings of the humanity:
Avignon – Catholicism (heavy incense, like in a monastary)
Ouarzazate – Islam (a little sweet)
Zagorsk – Orthodox Christianity (woodsy)
Jaisalmer – Hinduism (never tried it)
Kyoto – Buddhism and Shintoism (a little floral like Japanese gardens)

Look them up if you are interested. The history behind these colognes is very interesting.
My favorites are: Ouarzazate, Kyoto.

Mikey
My favorites are: Ouarzazate, Zagorsk
, and

If you love incense and don't care about the cost, try Armani Prieve Bois d'Encens. It will cost you $270 but there is none better. Only a mere 5 ingredients are used. I have a bottle, use it sparingly, and the scents lasts for hours..and hours. Best for evening wear. Less expensive ($90-$100) but really great are theComme des Garcons Series 3 incense colognes.
There are 5 versions of these colognes based the five main spiritual teachings of the humanity:
Avignon – Catholicism (heavy incense, like in a monastary)
Ouarzazate – Islam (a little sweet)
Zagorsk – Orthodox Christianity (woodsy)
Jaisalmer – Hinduism (never tried it)
Kyoto – Buddhism and Shintoism (a little floral like Japanese gardens)

Look them up if you are interested. The history behind these colognes is very interesting.
My favorites are: Ouarzazate, Kyoto.

Mikey
My favorites are: Ouarzazate, Zagorsk
, and
Mdevine,
You can find 1ml samples of the Series 3 on auction sites. They are not the 50ml bottle, just so you know what you are getting.

Mikey

See my posts/replies on Series 3 Incense colognes. I checked out Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser and the price point is the same as the Series 3 50ml spray bottle..

See my posts/replies on Series 3 Incense colognes. I checked out Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser and the price point is the same as the Series 3 50ml spray bottle..

Mikey,

It looks like we have similar tastes. About five or six years ago, I did a series of posts where I reviewed various incense based fragrances. Among those were many of the ones you mentioned. Some I remember reviewing include CdG Avignon and Jaisalmar, Montale Full Incense, Cardinal Heeley, Andy Tauer Incense Extreme, Czech and Speake Frankincense and Myrrh and Sonoma Scent Studios Incense Pure. I ended up getting full bottles of Montale Full Incense and Avignon. I also tried quite a few where incense was prominent, but other notes played a bigger role (and ended up buying full bottles of quite a few: Amouage Jubilation XXV, L'Occitane Eau des Baux, Dior Fahrenheit Absolute, Domenico Caraceni 1913, Amouage Homage Attar and Amouage Tribute Attar jump to mind).

Mikey,

It looks like we have similar tastes. About five or six years ago, I did a series of posts where I reviewed various incense based fragrances. Among those were many of the ones you mentioned. Some I remember reviewing include CdG Avignon and Jaisalmar, Montale Full Incense, Cardinal Heeley, Andy Tauer Incense Extreme, Czech and Speake Frankincense and Myrrh and Sonoma Scent Studios Incense Pure. I ended up getting full bottles of Montale Full Incense and Avignon. I also tried quite a few where incense was prominent, but other notes played a bigger role (and ended up buying full bottles of quite a few: Amouage Jubilation XXV, L'Occitane Eau des Baux, Dior Fahrenheit Absolute, Domenico Caraceni 1913, Amouage Homage Attar and Amouage Tribute Attar jump to mind).
We do!! The only one you didn't mention was the Armani Prive Bose Desence, but that cost a fortune. Maybe a great Christmas gift from the wife (or girl friend, if you're single!)
I did use the Montale Full Incense. Came in a gold, metal spray container, if it's the same stuff.
Mikey

Top Bottom