What's new

Proraso Blue

I am reasonably new to wet shaving, having done it for almost a year. I have about 12-15 soaps and creams which, I know, is no where near the number that most people on this forum have.

I like to use a different soap/cream each day so I don't use the same one for about 2 weeks. This morning I used Proraso Blue. Every time I use Proraso Blue I wonder why I would ever use anything else. Nothing gives me a better shave, I enjoy the scent (which I know many people don't) and it is very reasonable priced.

I guess I will still use other soaps/creams because I enjoy different scents and they do give me a good shave, but if I only had Proraso Blue, I would be fine.

I couldn't agree more. Great performance, the smell is subtly attractive , and also it leaves me with a great post-shave feel. I have five tubes in my cupboard, so I'm well set for now!

I feel the same way. I do love Proraso's other lines but I think blue is my favorite even if only for the scent. I have a habit of often sniffing the cream whenever I'm home. I rotate other soaps and creams in as well but I always look the most forward to using Proraso blue.

I'm just disappointed that they didn't make a blue pre-shave. I would also love a blue splash and cologne. I think that it's Proraso's most ambitious scent and they really hit the ball out of the park with this one. The performance is excellent as you mentioned and the best shave that I've ever gotten was with the blue cream a few weeks ago - close, comfortable, and couldn't feel even the slightest hint of irritation.

Absolutely awesome scent.
It is amber scented and quite strong.
The cream itself is very very good!
I like it beacuse it is thick and easy to lather.
It protects my face very well and the price is right(under 4 usd locally).

I agree, I would like to see a Blue splash. When I use a pre-shave, which I do sometimes just because it adds to the experience, I usually use the Proraso White pre-shave with the Blue cream. Scents are similar.

I agree 100%! I love the scent, the shave and the post-shave feel with Proraso Blue. I really wish they had a Blue splash!

The Proraso Red preshave works well with the Blue shave cream.
That's what I use at the moment. The Proraso pre-shaves don't seem to be too strongly scented in general so they shouldn't conflict with any soaps or creams, but it would still be great to have a blue pre-shave and splash. It's really a shame that the blue line doesn't the same attention as their other ones. Not only is there no blue pre-shave, but there's no blue soap either.

That's what I use at the moment. The Proraso pre-shaves don't seem to be too strongly scented in general so they shouldn't conflict with any soaps or creams, but it would still be great to have a blue pre-shave and splash. It's really a shame that the blue line doesn't the same attention as their other ones. Not only is there no blue pre-shave, but there's no blue soap either.

I sometimes use the Proraso Blue as a shower soap and it works really well. Plus it seems to stop irritation that I get from other soaps in places where one doesn't really need irritation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently got some in a PIF and think it's the best performing Proraso I've tried so far.
It IS the first Proraso cream I've tried - the others were all croap in the tub - Green, Red and White.

I've got the Proraso Red, Whitem Blue and Green creams as well as the Proraso Red, White and Green soaps.

I like them all, and IMHO the Proraso cream is the best for bowl lathering - especially when lathering and shaving with cold water in the July/August heatwaves

IMHO the Proraso soaps are the best for a quick, easy, efrfortless face lather, especially with my Chinese Synthetic Silvertip brush.

As for whether cream or soap is better, or indeed which "colour" is the best ?
IMHO - whichever one I happen to be using at the time

So, what is your problem??!

proraso blue ems hart shorty yardley blazer chanel bleu september 26 2016.jpg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
If I should have only one cream it would be Proraso, no doubt. Everything about it is great: performance, quality, tradition, price, packaging and it's Italian... :001_wub:

P.S. My choice, however, is for the Ever-Green. The scent of the Blue is not exactly my cup of tea.

I've been using the Proraso's for a while. I'm a five-day shaver with the weekends off. The Red is my go-to on Monday morning as I'm medium-heavy on the beard with decent growth. But the other 4 days is dedicated to the Blue. It's got a refreshing scent, smooth workability and a great finish with no dryness. It really helps to keep the daily shave a pleasure for me.

It's great to find stuff you like. The musky scent wasn't for me but I like the performance and face feel.
There are probably musky aftershave splashes that would pair with it.

Me too ! Proraso Blue is quickly becoming one of my favorite creams. I also like the Red and the Green, but the Blue is climbing to the top of my Proraso list. Had a great shave with it last night, beautifully bowl lathered with my Simpson's Colonel X2L, and two passes with my Merkur 39C Slant and an Israeli Red Personna (3).

Top Bottom