What's new

Who has a Weishi and a NDC SuperSpeed

Why would you ever have both? If you did have a Weishi, and bought a SS, then you would throw the knock off out. If you had a SS, then you wouldn't want a knockoff. Luckily I bypassed all the knockoffs, and just went straight to the vintage Gillettes when I started

Yes I have both and have used the NDC Super Speed once and the Weishi 9306 not at all. I prefer my Schick Krona to the Super Speed although at the moment I am mostly using a light 1970 English Gillette Tech with a very grippy plastic handle.

One of these days I will use the Weishi. But now I've got a Gem Featherweight single edge on the way so it could be a while.....

The NDC(48-50) SS and Aristocrat(same head) are ten times better. I have the Micro Touch 1, which is the same as the Weishi. They are poor clones of the later 60s/70s SS.

I have the Van Der Hagen, which I think is a re-branded Weishi, but I only have later model black handle Flare SS ('67 and '71) to compare to. Unfortunately, I don't have enough shaves with them to make a valid comparison. I will say that I don't expect the VDH to last 50 years.

Maybe I should break it out tomorrow now that my technique (and blade selection) is better.

Top Bottom