What's new

International Pipe Smoking Day!

I ordered from them on Tuesday and havent been able to do anything on their site since. I got a coupon because the shipment took extra time to process. Haven't got a shipping notice. Haven't been charged haven't been able to get through to anything past their home page on my phone, my PC my work PC...

Just strange. Plenty of people on another forum in the same mess.

Not that I'll stop shopping at PC. But hard to shop when you can't access it. All HTTP 502 errors.
I ordered on Tuesday last week as well. While I can get on the site no issue, my order is still in processing, except a refund was made to my bank account for the exact amount of that order (the bank doesn't tell me where it's from, it's listed as "Misc. ATM" or such). I emailed them a little bit earlier to inquire on the status of that order, haven't heard back yet. I hope my other order I made on the weekend goes through, at least. On the bright side, if they don't, I guess I have money back in the account and I can look forward more to possible March Meer Madness? lol

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I ordered from them on Tuesday and havent been able to do anything on their site since. I got a coupon because the shipment took extra time to process. Haven't got a shipping notice. Haven't been charged haven't been able to get through to anything past their home page on my phone, my PC my work PC...

Just strange. Plenty of people on another forum in the same mess.

Not that I'll stop shopping at PC. But hard to shop when you can't access it. All HTTP 502 errors.

They're going through a major site update as well. I tried to get a coupon due to a lag of 3 days in shipping on one of my orders, but I couldn't get it.

They're going through a major site update as well. I tried to get a coupon due to a lag of 3 days in shipping on one of my orders, but I couldn't get it.
They seemed to be handing out coupons to some, and not others, sort of randomly. Some here reported they were simply advised they had one, others of us haven't heard anything of the sort, and I at least seem to have had my order payment refunded for whatever odd reason. *shrug*

Site upgrades are a thing that needs to happen sometimes (as we are all aware.. lol). I do question their planning abilities, timing it just a week before IPSD when they expect to be pretty busy, and would want as few possible glitches in the system as possible.

Hey, that's how Haddo liked it...

feathers.jpg

Guess I got my order at p&c just before the issues. My order was placed monday. The tracking on the site was off. The order got to me Friday. I shoulda waited for the ipsd sale but I didn't get the email with the coupon code till a day after I heard others talk of it. Oh well haha

One more bowl, making today the smokin'-est non-Vegas day I can recall. I don't have a tin of Nightcap open for a nightcap, so...

Penzance in a family-era Sasieni pot (along with about two fingers of Macallan 12):

DSCF6033.JPG

I got one of those $20 off coupons. The flip side to that is that they just sent out the order today, nearly a week later.

Here's my damage for the special day...

Rattray's Marlin Flake 3.5 OZ Tin - 2
HH Old Dark Fired Flake 16 oz - 1
Peterson Coffee - Dublin Blend - 1
Le Petit Robin Semois Blend 3.5 OZ - 1
Ole Shenandoah Copper Devil's Anse #1 - 1
Drew Estate Gatsby Luxury Flake 1.76 oz - 1
Rattray's Hal O the Wynd 17.5 oz - 1

That there's a big boy order. How I envy you Yanks and your unfettered ability (other than by finances, of course) to buy massive quantities of baccy.

I don't know what Stanwell calls it, but its a pretty dublin. I like Stanwell pipes, some of the best bang for the buck to be had. IMO

You know, it's never clicked before that it has a Dublin-esque shaped bowl.

Had me a bowl of Speakeasy in the Cooke billiard to finish out the day.

proxy.php

I have off tomorrow and I'm a couple beers in. I feel a late night purchase coming in.

Some Old Gowrie from 2002 as an inaugural smoke in this Tinsky Canadian.
View attachment 763213

Killer pipes, gents.

Some Old Gowrie from 2002 as an inaugural smoke in this Tinsky Canadian.
View attachment 763213
I had a tin of Haddo's Delight from the same year that I was going to use to commemorate the occasion but alas, when I opened the tin it had rusted to the point of losing its integrity. The tobacco was dry beyond repair. The piece of a bird feather that I found in there was also a bit of a turn off.
That sucks. I cracked a tin of Haddos from 2003 and had no issues. The tin note was very raisin/fig scented. I was going to enjoy a bowl of this, however Germany didn't cooperate. It was rainy and cold. Kind of a drag on IPSD. I did manage to pick up a tin of 2001 Haddo's and two tins of 2007 Tudor Castle. And a Morta Zulu. :)

I hope you all had a great IPSD, gentlemen!

Things happen Bill. It didn't dampen my spirits much. I bought a few aged tins for a steal a couple months back. If that's the only dud, I'm still way ahead.

You are going to lose be that pipe. Can't wait to see what your mystery pack brings.

I'll post it up when it arrives. I am looking forward to it as well. Even if it's just a bones pipe, my other bones pipes smoke great, so it's a win either way.

I'm feeling the p&c issues now too. Made my order, got my order confirmation email, can't log in to check the status. Everything's right on my end, just keeps looping me back to the log in page.

Ah, another p&c failure. How many does his make now, eleventy gillion?

The little store called the pipe nook has their sale 15% off code (IPSD2017) good through today. Very small online store selection of pipes and dunhill tobacco.

I just ordered a tin of Early Morning Pipe, Nightcap, and ye ole sign.

Seems like a nice guy in his YouTube videos. I ordered a bones pipe from him before.

Last edited:
I am now questioning whether my order with P&C is successful.
On the good side if the ledger, no issues logging in, got a confirmation email, can see the order on my account page with said confirmation number.
As for the negatives, no order number yet, status stuck at "Processing" since placement(atypical in my experience ), no response from customer service web form inquiry, can't get through on the 800 number for customer service...
I have a feeling that a) I'm not the only one and b) there are people living through "interesting" days inside the walls of P&C.

I am now questioning whether my order with P&C is successful.
On the good side if the ledger, no issues logging in, got a confirmation email, can see the order on my account page with said confirmation number.
As for the negatives, no order number yet, status stuck at "Processing" since placement(atypical in my experience ), no response from customer service web form inquiry, can't get through on the 800 number for customer service...
I have a feeling that a) I'm not the only one and b) there are people living through "interesting" days inside the walls of P&C.

Mine said the same thing. I ordered Sunday Night.

Nice sounds like I should have followed my instincts and spent my money where folks have taken great care of me. It was just that dang 20% and cheap $3.99 shipping.

Hmm phone has been busy nonstop too. This feels real odd - my emails sent too, doubt I'll get a reply like the others but alas another emails been sent. I'll post if I hear anything or when I get my full refund.

Last edited:
Top Bottom