What's new

Good prices for Edwin Jagger razors.

After realizing that my 54 year old Gillette slim adjustable had a very uneven blade gap, I started looking for a decent replacement. Checking the internet, I noticed that reasonably priced Edwin Jagger razors are available from England at a much lower price than on many US websites. You get free shipping to the US if the price is at least $22.--and you can also get another 10% discount by signing up for their newsletter. When I applied the discount and it put my total slightly under $22 and disqualified me for free shipping, I then added a $1.85 soap and came out just a few cents over $22 and re-qualified for free shipping to the US.

Link: The Modern Man

The EJ DE89L was $3 cheaper at The Modern Man than Shaving.ie. But, now the reviews make me wonder about the stability of the head screw.

After realizing that my 54 year old Gillette slim adjustable had a very uneven blade gap, I started looking for a decent replacement. Checking the internet, I noticed that reasonably priced Edwin Jagger razors are available from England at a much lower price than on many US websites. You get free shipping to the US if the price is at least $22.--and you can also get another 10% discount by signing up for their newsletter. When I applied the discount and it put my total slightly under $22 and disqualified me for free shipping, I then added a $1.85 soap and came out just a few cents over $22 and re-qualified for free shipping to the US.

Link: The Modern Man
Postscript: I saw an ad from the store that you get a free sample pack of blades with the razor. When I bought it, the free pack first appeared in my cart, then disappeared. I alerted the store yesterday and, to their credit, they are sending me the extra item separately. So, this makes a good deal even better.
(As noted above, I'll just have to be careful about the threads on the head that apparently are subject to corrosion and failure under certain conditions.)

Just received my 21 free blades from The Modern Man. In total, I got the Edwin Jagger DE89L, a Derby shaving stick, and the 21 blades for a total of $22.05, including shipping. If you subtract the $1.85 for the stick and the $6.65 price for the blades, the Edwin Jagger DE89L wound up costing around $13.50, including shipping. This must be the best price on the internet. Maybe due to the drop in the British pound?

Top Bottom