What's new

Let's Talk Containers!

I like the CRSW tin. Screw top is my closure preference. Barrister and Mann plastic jars are also nice. They're the ones same width as CRSW just a bit taller. WSP makes nice stuff, but the tins are way too small, however they're easily moved into a wider container. Sudsy soapery containers are nice width also, I mean the newer larger ones, but dontblike how soap hangs out under the lip.
Maggards petg containers are spot on also.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I decided this weekend that I'm done with refill pucks unless they are REALLY good, or soft enough to be pressed into a container. I hate having my soaps slide around in a container while I try to lather them. I attempted my first soap grating with a puck of Fine AB this weekend. What a pain. Soap got everywhere, the grater got completely clogged, and freezing the puck before hand didn't help at all. The soap just isn't good enough to warrant all the extra work.

I've also had the tins on both Mike's and Synergy develop spotting (rust, discoloration, whatever) so I'm not a big fan of those. So far, WSP's tins don't seem to have that problem, but I definitely wish they were wider.

If you happen to have an Old Spice mug, you'll find the Fine pucks fit perfectly. I had an unused mug, plopped an AB puck in there, and it seemed the form factor of the puck was designed for this mug. No shifting of the puck, even during the first few uses.

I can't quite get on-board with spending a ton of extra money to get a brand-specific bowl/container with your soap. Example: MWF refill puck is $15, in the dish is $20 more. I've got cheap coffee mugs a-plenty....
....I have noticed that some folks on here use those shallow Pyrex dishes with the nice tight-fitting lids to store their pucks. I have considered switching from mugs to those, to keep things tidy and easy to store.
That's what I use! Small glass bowls with tight fitting lids from the dollar store! Near perfect!

Also, I love Soap Commander's tubs and some of RazoRock/IB's. Proraso has a great tub but it's filled too full imo.

Stirling is my favorite container. I've been packing my soaps into reusable shave sticks though. Cuts down on cleanup and makes face lathering a breeze.

I go for the refills when available and store them in a Rubbermaid Takealong.
proxy.php

Hi All
Among these, which has the widest (in diameter) container?

Chiseled Face , B & M , Tallow & Steel, Wholly Kaw, Stirling

Thanks

All I've tried so far is Maggard's Orange Menthol and Stirling Bay Rum. I think the Maggard container is a bit higher quality but like them both.

The Stirling is MUCH harder to lather but I like the scent.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Stirling is my favorite container. I've been packing my soaps into reusable shave sticks though. Cuts down on cleanup and makes face lathering a breeze.
Lol, I'm journeying in the opposite direction, smashing La Toja sticks into a mug for easier lathering. Of all the methods, my favorite (and easiest for me) is to load the brush in the container, then face lather. I only ever lather in a bowl when mixing soaps and creams. Mmmmm lather..... I think I'll go shave!

I decided this weekend that I'm done with refill pucks unless they are REALLY good, or soft enough to be pressed into a container. I hate having my soaps slide around in a container while I try to lather them. I attempted my first soap grating with a puck of Fine AB this weekend. What a pain. Soap got everywhere, the grater got completely clogged, and freezing the puck before hand didn't help at all. The soap just isn't good enough to warrant all the extra work.

I've also had the tins on both Mike's and Synergy develop spotting (rust, discoloration, whatever) so I'm not a big fan of those. So far, "WSP" tins don't seem to have that problem, but I definitely wish they were wider.

I tend to agree with you. I really hate the fact that I had to buy containers to hold my Fine Soaps. Rumors are that Fine is working on containers for people But it was a pain!

Mostly I buy soaps in containers, when I don't a Pyrex dish and lid is the answer. They stack nicely, a label printed with artwork snagged from the vendor's site stuck on the lid. The smaller pucks will move around the first use, then the soap scum pastes them to the bottom of the bowl locking them tight, unless you soak a puck.

Pyrex.jpg

I'm not worried about the container the soap comes in. The quality of the product is way more important IMO. I recently found these metal tins at the dollar store that work well, but also use thone blue lid bowls from Dollar Tree although they do not look that great, they are practical and work quite well. Plus they are 4 for $1.

The best containers are B&M newer tubs, Stirling, T&S, Maggard new tubs, Soap Comander, or any plastic screw top container.

If you happen to have an Old Spice mug, you'll find the Fine pucks fit perfectly. I had an unused mug, plopped an AB puck in there, and it seemed the form factor of the puck was designed for this mug. No shifting of the puck, even during the first few uses.
I don't have an Old Spice Mug, and I keep my soaps under the sink when not in use, so a bunch of mugs doesn't work well for me.

I tend to agree with you. I really hate the fact that I had to buy containers to hold my Fine Soaps. Rumors are that Fine is working on containers for people But it was a pain!

I hope they're working on containers for their soaps and not for people. Have to be a big container to hold people. :lol:

It would be nice if they came up with something. I'd really like to try their Platinum, but as it stands, I'd rather just pick up another tub of Executive Man.

IMG_0286.JPG
This is my solution and only $13.95 at Amazon and it includes labels:

Black PET Plastic (BPA Free) Refillable Low Profile Jar - 8 oz (6 Pack) + Spatulas and Labels

You can get them in 4oz also and in different colors.

My favourite container is a rigid plastic one that I got with the (now discontinued) C&E "Sienna" shave cream. It has little nubs around the rim of the screw-top lid for a better grip. The Body Shop tubs are okay too, even without the nubs.
I like the appearance of Wilkinson Sword blue tubs...
proxy.php

... but they overfill them and they're hard to open.
I find Proraso tubs are difficult to open too.

I'm actually looking forward to the empty containers from my Stirling and Maggard soaps. I'm also a bullet caster and small containers are great!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom