What's new

Sock obsession - lifetime socks

I'm not sure if this is the thread that got me interested in Darn Tough socks. I will say though that I was frustrated with the socks I had been purchasing. I threw caution to the wind and ordered 7 pairs. I've been wearing them every day for the last three months. They still feel like new.

Thank you again Badger and Blade people.

Mike, I've only two pairs of Darn Tough's (MEC) but would love to get more. Where did you get yours from Mike? (Two pairs and the two patterns i found available at MEC, i need some other patterns.)

dave

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Mike, I've only two pairs of Darn Tough's (MEC) but would love to get more. Where did you get yours from Mike? (Two pairs and the two patterns i found available at MEC, i need some other patterns.)

dave

Amazon. Strangely they came very quickly by Swiss post.

Looks like revival in socks has attracted a lot of attention from market/business minded people. I happened to see one of Maria Bartiromo's segments today and she was interviewing Mark Healy of Men's Journal who had brought in a bunch of these colored/high-performance socks for a story he was doing. I did not see the whole video but I did not recognize any of the small companies he was profiling for the magazine, but they seemed to be jumping on the bandwagon and trying to capitalize on the trend much like dollar-shave-club or harry's-razor has done with traditional wet shaving. I have no way to put the numbers into perspective but was surprised to hear that men's socks was a 2.8 billion dollar business in 2014. It must have grown a lot in the past couple of years with more people paying up for better quality.

I have worn nothing but merino wool socks for at least ten years. I vary the weight depending on season and activity; they are warmer in the winter than synthetics and cooler in the summer than cotton, and are softer and more comfortable than either. I wear mainly Smartwool that I get from REI and online from Socks Addict. Also, as others have noted, they don't retain odors; if pressed I can get two days wear from one pair by airing them out for 24 hours.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom

dave

Amazon. Strangely they came very quickly by Swiss post.

Terrible news. They seem to be carried at SAIL which is directly across the street from the Lee Valley in Vaughn I tend to go to most often.

Amazon has them on their Prime program now. I ordered a few more pairs and they delivered them on Sunday (yesterday). . .Scary quick. Not a huge selection colour wise. Might checkout the smartwool Kactus mentioned above.

Top Bottom