What's new

What Hair Products Did You Use Today?

Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree Shampoo | Aussie 3-minute miracle Moist | Redken Firm Grasp Texturizing Clay | Voodoo Brew Pomade as a topper

high life.jpeg

I'm using High Life Medium pomade today. I like using this pomade when I'm not using Murray's Superior, High Life Heavy and Voodoo Brew I & 2. It's very similar to Murray's and a good pomade for creating volume to get height in your hair for a pompadour. This is a good pomade for the gents with thinning hair because it thickens the hair due to wax. It's definitely good stuff.

I can't believe how long my High Life Mediuim pomade has lasted me. It seems like I've been using it forever now. It doesn't take much to get great results with High Life. This stuff has a good shine to it. I see it as comparable to Murray's Superior. It's s medium both in hold and in the shine department.

I added two scoops to my wet hair today - one for the front of my hair and one for the back. my hair looks great, and has kept the original shape that I set it without it weakening and losing the hold.

I got High Life Heavy at West Coash Shaving's website for $8 per tin. They have a a President's sale on Monday with free shipping for orders of at least $20.

Ingredients: White Microwax, Petrolatum, Emu Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Avocado Oil, Fragrance

Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree Shampoo | Aussie 3-minute miracle Moist | Redken Firm Grasp Texturizing Clay | Voodoo Brew Pomade as a topper

High-Life-Heavy-Pomade.jpg

David here. I’m using the king of the pomades today in High Life Heavy pomade. After a day of using a very good medium pomade in High Life Medium, I wanted to go with a heavy hold with High Life heavy. The hold of this stuff is incredibly good. I’m able to stick my hair straight up into the air and keep it there. This is with just 2 scoops of High Life pomade on my wet hair. High Life Heavy has a nice finish to my hair. It’s not too shiny and not too matte. It’s just perfect.

I can never get enough of High Life Heavy. I’m been working a lot, and want my hair to be in the same position as it was when I first applied the pomade. My hair lost shape yesterday late in the evening when I was using High Life Medium. I don’t blame the pomade. The hold was good all day long until 8 in the evening when it finally started to droop on me. It’s almost 7 p.m. now, and my hair looks incredibly good.

High Life Heavy pomade is similar to High Life Medium pomade in that it’s very good if you’ve got thinning hair. It helps thicken the hair. I don’t have thinning hair. On the contrary, my hair is thick and curly and I use pomade to straighten my hair. I wish I knew about pomades like High Life Heavy and Murray’s Superior when I was in High School, because I would have straightened my hair back then. I was always trying to figure out ways to make my curly hair straight in the past. The only could do was cut it short.

Speaking about cutting hair, I cut my own hair. I didn’t want to take time out from work to go to my barber shop. I also didn’t want to deal with the usual grilling session that I get when I get my hair cut. As such, I cut my hair myself. I didn’t do a very good job, but the pomade in my hair covers up the bad cut. I’ve got my hair pinned down really well, making it impossible to tell how badly I butchered it.

Pros:

- Nice sheen

- Heavy hold

- Nice coconut scent

- Inexpensive price – It cost me $8 per for a 3.5oz tin. You can’t beat the price of this pomade unless you’re using something like Murray’s.

- Holds the style of my hair really well.

- The hold lasts all day all night. My hair looks as good now as it did when I first applied the High Life Heavy, believe it or not.

- It doesn’t give my hair a helmet hair look like you get with water base pomades with a firm hold. I like the look that I get with High Life Heavy, because it makes my hair look natural and not fake like you get with water base and the no-shine clay pomades.

Cons:

- It’s hard to work in my hair. I had to use a wide tooth comb to get comb my hair after I applied the High Life Heavy.

- It’s hard to wash out High Life Heavy. It’ll take two or three shampoos to wash it out unless you use mineral/olive oil or Aussie 3 Minute Miracle conditioner.

Top Bottom