What's new

2017 - Year of the Cream

Ill add 3 just in case you run out.

T&H I love thier Ultimate comfort, Lavender or 1805
AOS Ocean Kelp or Lavender
TOBS Avocado

Initial hit is of freshly grated lemon rind, quite sharp and to me, quite pleasant. Mutes quickly to vaguely lemon.

Arko to me is sweeter lemon, more like artificially flavored lemon candy.

I like em both :)

I use St James Lavender myself and really like it. Just as comfortable as most great soaps. Only minor issue is that my shaves with it are not quite as close...

I have about another week or so with the Nivea Sensitive to go. After playing around with the idea for awhile, I put the brushless Provence Sante Green Tea cream back in the box, and pulled out the partially-used St. James of London Lavender & Geranium to move into the on deck circle.

I got Trumpers GFT and Eucris delivered over the weekend.

rant
The TOBS grapefruit was out of stock so they refunded and sent the other two. I really wish vendors would check to ask what the customer wants rather than assuming they should just ship a half order. I would have canceled or ordered something else in order not to have to pay two shipping charges.
/rant

I snuck in a Eucris shave on Saturday - a little goes a longer way than Derby. Not sure yet if the lather was 3 times better, but had a splendid shave.

Those 3 T's creams really are excellent. There's no reason to struggle with their subpar soaps when you can get the same scents (stronger!) in a cream that is as easy to lather as 1, 2, 3.

I got a tub of TOBS Grapefruit via Amazon (originally supplied by same company that said they didn't have any, go figure)

Two shaves in, and pretty good. First shave I overloaded just by dabbing a Plisson synthetic a couple time, and was left with mounds of leftover lather.
Second day shave I tried to underload, and found different I could easily make lather that looked good on the face but disappeared instantly between fingertips. I washed it off, dragged out a Snurdle with my finger and got a great lather.

Scent is pretty good. Smells like a pile of grapefruits, more rind than juice. I preferred Mystic Water Pompelmo I Fiori by quite a margin.

Also a second shave on Eucris - like a lot. Might be marginally better than TOBS, but we'll see.
Shaving has been an inconsistent happenstance so far this year...

I got a tub of TOBS Grapefruit via Amazon (originally supplied by same company that said they didn't have any, go figure)

Two shaves in, and pretty good. First shave I overloaded just by dabbing a Plisson synthetic a couple time, and was left with mounds of leftover lather.
Second day shave I tried to underload, and found different I could easily make lather that looked good on the face but disappeared instantly between fingertips. I washed it off, dragged out a Snurdle with my finger and got a great lather.

Scent is pretty good. Smells like a pile of grapefruits, more rind than juice. I preferred Mystic Water Pompelmo I Fiori by quite a margin.

Also a second shave on Eucris - like a lot. Might be marginally better than TOBS, but we'll see.
Shaving has been an inconsistent happenstance so far this year...

As someone who loves Grapefruit scents, I use TOBS quite a bit. I enjoy Soap Commander Japanese grapefruit a bit more. I'm going to have to try Mystic Water Pompelmo I Fiori though, on your recommendation.

As someone who loves Grapefruit scents, I use TOBS quite a bit. I enjoy Soap Commander Japanese grapefruit a bit more. I'm going to have to try Mystic Water Pompelmo I Fiori though, on your recommendation.
My second MW conversion today!
:)

Thoughts before I try to 3017 a hopefully creamy Williams....

I have a new favorite - DRH Arlington.
The scent is subtle but very nice and lightly citrusy.
The performance is fantastic - I find a little goes a long way and it doesn't break down as easily as TOBS does when you don't do enough product.

6 shaves in.

Second is TOBS Grapefruit - 5 shaves in, scent is growing on me more.
GFT Eucris - only 2 shaves, but so far so good.
Derby Lemon - 3 shaves, needs a lot more product than the ones above. Can achieve a good to great lather.

Next, want to stay focused, and shave more often. Life been hectic, only averaging one shave per two days

I've tried several of the Mystic Water soaps and even some of their bath soaps. The lady that makes those soaps is a trained chef. She can really make nice soaps of all kinds. As for creams, I've tried numerous ones, all the T&H's, Kiels, Jack Black, all the AOS creams, most of the TOBS creams. One cream I suggest, which I recently received is Crown's from Canada. It was designed by a barber and is a great cream. It smells and works great. Read the numerous reviews on one of the websites that sells it. (SRD or WCS) it is just a cream that isn't one of the major ones that you might like. The major scent, to me, is spearmint with a little eucalyptus undertone. It is quite nice.

I've tried several of the Mystic Water soaps and even some of their bath soaps. The lady that makes those soaps is a trained chef. She can really make nice soaps of all kinds. As for creams, I've tried numerous ones, all the T&H's, Kiels, Jack Black, all the AOS creams, most of the TOBS creams. One cream I suggest, which I recently received is Crown's from Canada. It was designed by a barber and is a great cream. It smells and works great. Read the numerous reviews on one of the websites that sells it. (SRD or WCS) it is just a cream that isn't one of the major ones that you might like. The major scent, to me, is spearmint with a little eucalyptus undertone. It is quite nice.
Thanks for the recommendation, especially as you have great taste in soaps :)

I have been rocking the SJOL Lavender & Geranium for the last month+, and like the other Creighton's creams, is a solid 2 on my 3 point scale. Easy lathering, nice scent, with good cushion and glide. I have at least another 7-10 days with this, and will tackle a small tube of Coate's Rose next.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I have been spending a majority of the early part of 2017 with Blenheim Bouquet shaving cream. Lathers very well with little product, scents the entire bathroom and brings that classic Edwardian barbershop vibe.
imageedit_277_6467589300.jpg

3 weeks of using a creamy Williams.
One night away, use DRH Arlington. Bliss ensues.

Return home to glower at the Williams pretender. Why is it still here?

Top Bottom