What's new

Hello from Newbie

my compliments to everybody for a great forum.

Started shaving DE around 1966 - but switched to cartridges for the last 30 or so.

Never could stand canned shaving foam and ran across this site looking for a good shaving soap and started reading....

Don't know if it is age, but one of the things I find appealing in life is making choices that require some skill to do. What I mean is, a DE razor has to be learned, practiced and respected or it can hurt you. A successful shave tome is not only a close shave, but an accomplishment.

I also own old cars. I really enjoy the skill it takes to drive them vs the remote control, park itself type cars. I enter a turn with my AlfaRomeo and it feels like I am on a race course...then I seethe Prius that is close behind me....oh well - I'm having more fun.

I had my first shaves with a DE this weekend and I am hooked. Fatip Piccolo and a Razorock Wunderbar and probably a host of others in the future.

Greetings to all and I look forward to being a member of this group.

Louis

Welcome aboard! Think you will find traditional shaving a BARGAIN compared to fixing old AlfaRomeos!

Welcome. I get what you are saying about doing things that require skill. I quit cigarettes for pipe smoking 21 years ago (and preferred my pipes to cigars for years). I used to drive a stick shift BMW and would love another stick shift sports sedan or a sports car before I get much older.

Now, starting with a Fattip and a slant, you are braver than I was, though I don't see why you can't (re)learn on those. In fact, so far, the more aggressive my razor/razor blade combo the happier I've been with the experience.

Hello and welcome, Louis. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to the forum, Louis. Also once you find that great soap come by the shaving soap forum and let us know about it. Maybe Tabac or MWF?

Hi Louis you seem to have a great outlook and attitude! What kind of Alfa do you own?
I can't tell by your pic. It almost looks like a 2600 however the hood scoop intake doesn't look like it.
I've had two AR's in my life. My first was a 69 Duetto and my most recent a 63 Sprint Speciale.
Cheers
Stan

Top Bottom