What's new

Chain mail scrubber?

Do any of you use a chain mail scrubber on your cast iron?

Would like to hear your thoughts on its ability to clean off the miscellaneous food bits.

I have one it does a good job..But, would I buy it again.Nope.. Koser salt + paper towel, does just as good job and is cheaper..

I have, use, and like a Chore Boy for hard to remove stuff. Works great. Never tried the salt, but that sounds even better.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I've thought about trying the chain mail ones, but I get good results with a good layer of kosher salt, with just enough water added to make it about like damp sand, and one of these plastic scrubby thingys.

proxy.php

I've used mine for the past two years with no issues. Bought on. Amazon for $15 or less IIRC.

Seems like a sound investment without throwing too much money at it.

Best thing I have ever used for cleaning all my pots and pans. Paid about $12. Worth every dime. I'd buy another in a Dixie minute

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Works great. Makes short work of stuck on food not only on cast iron but on all steels and even crockery.

Works well I also use it to scrub carrots and potatos. The chain is thinner gage than chainmail I have seen b4.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I saw one at the local Bed, Bath, and Beyond. At $25 . . .na. I can't see it working better than what I currently use.

I have two that I made and love using them on my casting iron and carbon steel skillets. I also use them on my Pyrex casserole pans and stainless steel pots. They should last forever.
tmp_17338-20170220_214437-1613417472.jpg
tmp_17338-20170220_21441611570658.jpg

When I saw the title, I imagined Rennaisance Fair people rolling barrels of sound around to clean their re-creation chainmail....silly me.

Top Bottom