What's new

ebay razorblades seller that we should stay away from and why ?

Razor blades are super cheap. If you find a bad one, chalk it up to experience and move on. Slamming merchants on super low cost items, to me, should be frowned down upon. Any merchant can have a bad day too. Also, eBay has a rating system - look at that.

and you are a seller and see it from a sellers view so is better to hold hands over mercants who dealing unfair than giving advice to buyers ? will it not open up to fair traders who deals fairly ? the raiting system on ebay has its faults and when you have made a deal you have made a deal ,and what is cheap or not is relative to the buyer , if youre Rich everything is cheap ,so tell me about Your bad experiece With sellers , how can it be avoided ? i want to avoid unfair deals and bad Products , i know the sellers in not going to like it , but isnt it free speach ,

Last edited:
were not talking about gray areas here , or smal dents in Products that you may not like as much , were talking about lies , severe misconduct , unfair deals , were not happy all the time and not everything is going Our way , but but dont let Your fellow man fall into the same ditches that you have fallen into , or are we just sellers here who always make some bucks on the side ?

We have a lot of B&B vendors that sell razor blades. Go with one of them as I have found that our vendors have very good reputations and are an active part of our community. As previously mentioned, blades are cheap and so why bother with ebay.

I've never had a problem as such with any of the eBay sellers that I've dealt with....
But having said that...

An order for 100 Gillette Nacet didn't arrive from England - I contacted the seller, he said he'd send a replacement, the replacement didn't arrive, I contacted the seller again, he said he'd send a replacement for the replacement - the replacement for the replacement finally arrived 6 weeks after my original order was due - annoying, but no harm done

One order never arrived from India, I sent a message - the seller refunded my payment within 24 hours - no harm done

I ordered some Lord blades at a crazy low price from a seller from Egypt - he refunded my payment and "said" that Security at Cairo airport had refused to allow him to send my order - no harm done

Who's to say that my problems with all 3 sellers weren't just one offs? For all I know, maybe their other customers have had seamless transactions and received their orders on time every time, so I see no need to name and shame any of them - No harm done, I just chose to order my blades from someone else every time afterwards

There are a lot of sellers, who will also remain nameless, who I wouldn't even want to buy from, basically because most of them try to charge the same amount of money for 25 blades as other sellers charge for 100 - but who's to say that they don't always come up with the goods? Maybe the prices include delivery to their customers by express courier - But I'm not made of money so I'm never likely to find out.

And a word about eBay sellers.....
Being an eBay seller myself with 2+ years selling experience, 100% positive feedback and a score of 600, I am all for naming and shaming bad sellers and buyers on eBay - especially if they get shut down - it makes life much easier for genuine sellers and buyers if there are fewer bad buyers and sellers giving us a bad name !!
However - I cannot and will not stand for anybody giving unfair or undeserved treatment to any buyer or seller

If in doubt, check the seller's feedback - 100% positive with a score in the 100s usually means an honest seller
If you don't like his feedback, or his prices seem excessively high - just don't buy from him !!
If on the other hand he's advertising 100 blades for $5 at a fixed price - who knows, maybe you'll get lucky? But more than likely if it looks too good to be true - it usually is !!

If you have a bad experience on eBay - contact the seller, if you get no joy, open a case - either way you should get a replacement or a refund -
However, if he turns out to be a con artist and you end up with nothing AND out of pocket - give a negative review and a scathing comment when you give feedback - if enough people denounce him, hopefully he'll either loses his account or start trading fair and square.

BUT.....
If you get what you pay for and/or you get your money back, whatever you do....
Don't be a jerk by giving negative feedback - just give a 5* rating, leave a very cryptic comment like "OK" and buy from somebody else next time

Is this perhaps something that could be learned through a bit of research? I've definitely had to do a fair amount of research when doing any online shopping. Just saying...

The only problem I've heard of was someone who got some poor Feather blades from Thailand. The buyer thought they may have been forgeries. My guess is that they were probably genuine, but poorly stored prior to sale. Think 90 degrees and 98% humidity. Moral of the story, I'll avoid buying blades from Thailand, Indonesia, etc.

FWIW
Mark

I have well over 600 purchases on the Bay and have only had two problems, one I got a fast refund. the other was a shipping mistake and I received the product a few days later and a $10 rebate to my account. I have 100% feedback and shop with vendors that have 100% feedback and carefully look at the product new or used or ask questions.

Top Bottom