What's new

AoS Coriander & Cardamom

I was in an Art of Shaving store and picked up a sample tube of a very interesting cologne. It was their Coriander & Cardamom. It is spicy as one might suspect. I find it pretty nice. Unfortunately, I'm not so sure it is as nice as its price!!

I was in an Art of Shaving store and picked up a sample tube of a very interesting cologne. It was their Coriander & Cardamom. It is spicy as one might suspect. I find it pretty nice. Unfortunately, I'm not so sure it is as nice as its price!!

I agree about outrageous pricing. I picked up a small bottle of their vetiver it was $30 half price- wow. The big size is $100 or more I believe...

And it doesn't last for me- gone in an hour or two!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Art of $having ...:001_tongu

That said, I have their excellent $andalwood oil, and four of their $oaps ...

AA

I own the Coriander & Cardamom and their Vetiver & Citron. Setting aside the price discussion I like them both. The C&C is spicier but it's not offensive. I like the V&C better but the scent duration is rather short, meaning it just doesn't last long. Both are unique and fresh smelling and don't have a chemical smell, at least to me.

Art of $having ...:001_tongu

That said, I have their excellent $andalwood oil, and four of their $oaps ...

AA
I haven't tried their soaps but am a huge fan of their creams. The sandalwood balm is excellent IMHO!

I own the Coriander & Cardamom and their Vetiver & Citron. Setting aside the price discussion I like them both. The C&C is spicier but it's not offensive. I like the V&C better but the scent duration is rather short, meaning it just doesn't last long. Both are unique and fresh smelling and don't have a chemical smell, at least to me.
I tried a sample in the store of the Vetiver & Citron. I find your description spot on. The C&C is spicier but not over the top.

Thank you gentlemen for the feedback.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I haven't tried their soaps ...

If you don't mind faint "tallow funk," the old stock of AoS Sandalwood soap - made by Valobra - is available (at last check) on the bay; 3/$30 or so. Folks generally agree it's very good. I have both old and new but have only used the old AoS Sandalwood.

AA

the old stock of AoS Sandalwood soap - made by Valobra
At the risk of a derail, I've seen this posted a number of times, and it has always struck me as odd. If AoS is owned by P&G, a soap making company (turned marketing juggernaut), why would they outsource their core competency to a third party? Their creams are second to none, IMO. Why would their own soap be any different?

Most of the AOS line of scents seems to be $100 for 100 ml. I think the oud is $125. 100 ml is 3.3 oz or so. That does not seem particularly expensive to me.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
At the risk of a derail, I've seen this posted a number of times, and it has always struck me as odd. If AoS is owned by P&G, a soap making company (turned marketing juggernaut), why would they outsource their core competency to a third party? Their creams are second to none, IMO. Why would their own soap be any different?

I have no idea. I do have Valobra's (branded) Fougere, and can affirm both have a very similar tallow funk. Not bad, per se, just kind of a faint clay odor. Both are excellent soaps with mild fougere and sandalwood scents, respectively.

I have tried the current AoS Sandalwood yet- possible/likely that's P&G?

AA

I have smelled all of their new fragrances, and I think the C&C is my favorite. I was not bowled over by any of them, and I would not spend the asking price for any of them, but as they say, YMMV, especially with fragrances.

Top Bottom